Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traveling with a razor

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2012, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles Platinum
Since I find this annoying during my travel, I am actually working on creating a stylish plastic case that would hold a razor (Mach 3, Fusion, Venus) and wondering how many people would consider it useful enough to acquire.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by docmoney
I am actually working on creating a stylish plastic case that would hold a razor (Mach 3, Fusion, Venus).
Hey, I did some free market research for you and found these:

At a price level of $ 2.50 - $ 7 (including free super saver shipping) you will have to sell a zillion to make a decent amount of money. Maybe adding the FlyerTalk logo will sell them for a premium?
Old Nov 10, 2012, 8:33 am

"I travel with a set of spare blades and put the blade back into the block."

I do the same, usually with just one or two extra blades in the block. I find that detaching the handle from the blade also allows everything to fit more easily into the Eagle Creek Quarter Cube I use as a toiletries bag.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:56 am

Since I find this annoying during my travel, I am actually working on creating a stylish plastic case that would hold a razor (Mach 3, Fusion, Venus) and wondering how many people would consider it useful enough to acquire.
if I recall correctly, my mach3 actually came with a plastic case...
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by Blue912
here is the bigger question.. anyone use an old school double edge safty razor? thinking of going old school.. i hear its better for sensitive skin to go with one blade instead of multiples.....
Yes.

I use a Merkur Futur with Derby or Feather blades. I carry it on all the time.

The rules do ban carrying razor blades though. I have several hotels that I stay in frequently and leave a few packs of blades with the concierge and take the razor with no blade in it. I do keep it in my plastic bag with the rest of my toiletries as it occasionally does get pulled and the security staff want to verify there is no blade.

It is fine to pack blades if you are checking bags. And they do give a much better shave!
Old Nov 12, 2012, 2:01 pm

Programs: CO-Plat/UA-1P, HHonors-Gold
You could also try finding an old school film cannister, pop the blade off the razor and pack the film canister separately. Just a thought...
Old Nov 13, 2012, 6:43 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by BuckleandBoots
You could also try finding an old school film cannister, pop the blade off the razor and pack the film canister separately. Just a thought...
Film canister? Might have to go on eBay to find one of those! Used to always save extras from my parents to keep small fishing tackle in back in the days. I am positive my kids would have no idea what one of these even is.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 1:57 am

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
You can just put the razor back in the case the razors come in. Protects it just fine. They might even have been designed to store them for shipping (or "travel")
Old Dec 2, 2012, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by ftucker
"I travel with a set of spare blades and put the blade back into the block."

I do the same, usually with just one or two extra blades in the block. I find that detaching the handle from the blade also allows everything to fit more easily into the Eagle Creek Quarter Cube I use as a toiletries bag.
I used to also do this: detach blade holder from handle. I stopped after I kept getting stopped by TSA who thought my handle was a rifle bullet. I have an Edwin Jagger chrome DE razor which looks sleek, but I suppose the handle looks like an odd cylinder to be carrying around.

I usually mail blades to myself, or check in a small box on the way there with the blade and throw the blade and box away on the return.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 5:24 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Another easy solution that takes up a whole lot less space than using the holder: binder clips.

Old Dec 3, 2012, 6:49 pm

Programs: United MP
I use the holder the razor came in. It also has space on the underside to hold extra blades. I've traveled all around the country and haven't encountered a problem even in the most persnickety of airports.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 1:07 am
Original Poster

Zaynab, these are ugly... And the holders these come with are bulky and ugly. I just made a prototype... Putting it through testing now Binder clip? Original!
Old Apr 29, 2013, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

OK, it took a while... But RazorKeeper is ready!

Developed and produced from my own personal need for a reliable razor travel case. Without further ado, here are the images...

http://www.razorkeeper.com/

Stay tuned for information on how to get it!
Old Apr 30, 2013, 10:29 am

I travel with disposable Gillette razors that come with a
clear plastic blade guard. An elastic band around the blades
ensures the guards don't come off.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 11:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
OK, it took a while... But RazorKeeper is ready!

Developed and produced from my own personal need for a reliable razor travel case. Without further ado, here are the images...

http://www.razorkeeper.com/

Stay tuned for information on how to get it!
You want to get that 'testing' page fixed!

But seriously, that head portion looks a little flat. Will it take a full razor (one which uses replaceable 'proper' razor blades)? Something like this; http://www.amazon.co.uk/Merkur-Doubl.../dp/B002A8JO1Q

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.