Best Travel Dress Shirts?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2012, 8:30 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
I have had a few Brooks Brothers non-iron shirts, but they never lasted long and I found their French cuffs to be comically huge (perhaps just because I have skinny wrists).

I have had much better luck with Paul Fredrick myself:

http://www.paulfredrick.com/Catalog/...rank=rank_bk3;

The usual list price is $60-70 for basically any size/color/style you want, but in the clearance section you can get shirts for as little as $15, a really great deal if the stars align properly.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 4:01 am
Suspended

When traveling with dress shirts, you do not have to fear they will arrive at your destination looking like they endured a rough trip. If you have a new shirt -- wrapped or pinned -- keep it in its original condition and packaging for best results.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 9:43 am

Programs: All of Them
I swear by Brooks Brothers Non-Iron. The other day, I just pulled one out of the dryer, and it was as good as new!
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:47 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +

Just bought BB non iron for the first time. Didn't even wash before wearing them when I got home, I hung them up in the shower and the steam did the rest. Very impressed. They stacked a sales and promo so they were like $50. Can't beat that, to bad the promo is over.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 8:01 pm

I haven't had the chance to try kick starters yet. So far I gave had found Brooks Brothers to be a baggy too. I tend to buy dress shirts fro J. Huntsman for the better fit. http://www.jhuntsman.com/ I have been pretty happy with their tailored shirts.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 5:23 am

Programs: MP(1K) Million Miler, Marriott Plat
I saw a NY Times BB ad for a one day 30% off sale on fall sport and dress shirts today. If you're in the market you may want to check it out and see what's included.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 9:42 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Heads up that rue la la (ruelala.com, a flash sales site) is running a sale on Brooks Brothers. Non-iron shirts for $45, among other deals. Some sizes sold out, but there's still a bit of availability.

Link: http://www.ruelala.com/event/58633

Ends in two days.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 9:23 am

Programs: AA EXPLT
Another vote for Banana Republic slim fit non-iron shirts. It's all I wear and the they travel great. I never have to iron them. You can always find coupons for 30-40% off.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 6:17 pm

Programs: DL-Diamond; UA-Silver (moan); Hilton-DIA; Marriott-PPE; IHG-Plat; NC-Exec Elite

I've had good luck with the Jos bank traveler shirts. Wear 1x/wk and last me close to 2 yrs. wait for the buy 1 get 2 free sale or the 70% off sale
Old Feb 16, 2013, 8:17 am

dress shirt

Can someone please tell me the brand of this blue shirt(angel looking logo) ?

Is it a Spanish brand ?

many thanks.

Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:41 pm

I'm a big fan of the Brooks Brothers non-iron shirts (extra-slim fit, for me). Awesome fit, they don't wrinkle easily, and when they do need ironing, they are super-easy to iron. Less expensive shirts I've had tend to wrinkle more and are difficult to iron.

I cover them with those plastic dry-cleaner bags, fold the sleeves diagonally across the torso and smooth it out flat, then pack them in my tri-fold garment bag, or the suiter bag if I'm using my convertible travel pack. They almost always arrive wrinkle-free. Occasionally I do a little touch-up ironing at my destination but that's more due to me being very picky about a well-pressed shirt than anything else.

Watch for the sales they have at Brooks a couple times a year. I only buy them when they go on sale when I can get them for $44 or less.
Old May 23, 2015, 4:30 pm

Any updates in no wrinkle tech/brands the past 2 years?

Also, pants?
Old May 24, 2015, 10:15 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by wonderboy

Also, pants?
I'm still a big fan of Nordstrom non-iron shirts. Traditional look, multiple sizes and cuts, around $60 not on sale and maybe below $40 when on sale.

I've recently found Wool & Prince shirts. I think they stand up to packing better than any shirt I've found. Minimum wrinkles, even after bundle packing. Contrasted with the Nordstrom shirts, even the solid-color button down shirts might be considered slightly casual Friday looking although I believe they can be worn as dress shirts. They also trend towards trim-fit styles, which can make it difficult to find a correct size. I'm no longer trim fit, found the large to fit my midsection properly but the sleeves maybe a half-inch too long. And at $128 for dress shirts/$98 for polos, with apparently infrequent sales/discounts, much more expensive than Nordstrom.

But, with all those reservations, I can corroborate almost all the other claims they make on their website. I wore the shirt at least 10 times before cleaning and only cleaned it because of a significant stain, which came out without a trace. The claim of 100 wearings between cleanings at the website is probably partially related to San Francisco's cooler and bearably humid climate--as opposed to an East Coast summer. The merino wool fabric is comfortable, not itchy at all, and undoubtedly contributes to the odor release and wrinkle resistance the shirt has.

The price is a bit prohibitive and you're much better off if you fit their trim-fit ideal, but I'm tempted to order a few polo shirts based on my experience so far.

In regards to pants, I've found the Croft & Barrow brand traveler pants at Kohl's to be very good. Listed at around $60, their regular sales bring the price to around $30. Multiple colors and cuffed/noncuffed--pleated/nonpleated styles. I'm not a big fan of polyester generally but there's no denying that the current generation of microfiber works really well for pants that will get packed on a regular basis.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 7:57 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
To follow on my last post, I ordered a black merino wool polo from Wool & Prince and had a chance yesterday to put it through a relatively representative wearing, playing golf on a warm (but not searingly hot) and humid Virginia afternoon. I definitely sweated a decent amount during the round, but the shirt dried fairly quickly, and this morning, I didn't pick up a sour odor or see any stains from my perspiration.

$98 is a hefty price to pay, and I doubt I'll fill my closet with W&P products; however, I'm happy with both of my purchases, and I suspect they'll prove very useful and wrinkle resistant on upcoming trips.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 9:44 am

Programs: Delta DM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wonderboy

Also, pants?
Shirts, I have nothing to add, but the merino shirt mentioned has potential.

As far as pants, just did 7 days in Europe with two pairs of Bluffworks, which I discovered in the "1 bag" post on this forum. They are slim cut, look like dress pants but function like wicking hiking pants.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.