Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$50 budget per person, need 12 'upmarket' corp gifts fo business people

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2011, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Question $50 budget per person, need 12 'upmarket' corp gifts fo business people

A colleague has to find a corporate gift suitable to buy for 12 business people based in the US, and who we believe (due to their jobs), do a fair amount of travelling. We can also assume they are fairly IT savvy and into tech stuff.

Budget is $50 per person.

I don't know much more - never posted in this part of FT before - but just wondered if anyone has any good ideas based on this limited brief???

Perhaps something great to go with your laptop / iPad, perhaps something for your briefcase you'd never want to be without...???
Old Dec 6, 2011, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Leather passport cases or doc holders.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
One of those world adapter travel charger all-in-one with USB ports.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 12:12 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Digital Scales

Personalized luggage straps

Ticket wallets (I know, already mentioned)

Portable travel speakers

Travel alarm clock
Old Dec 6, 2011, 11:19 pm

Programs: Travel
Solar energy storage electric charger with USB port
a multifunctional laser pointer
portable presentation remote
a mini luggage maybe will over $50 budget

Last edited by LillianHill; Apr 22, 2014 at 2:48 am
Old Dec 6, 2011, 11:39 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, HH: Diamond
Tumi multi-charger? (This is the less expensive one without the USB part.)
Old Dec 6, 2011, 11:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Before hi tech was mentioned, I would have suggested a small photo sized picture frame, perhaps the sort that folds for travel. I have seen some nice leather ones.

If they have iPads, perhaps some iPad accessories, such as an additional cover in a distinctive color.

A travel flashlight, perhaps the really bright ones, or a windup one that does not require power, or a multifunction device with an alarm clock, etc., although these are usually cheap.

A nice holder for business cards.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 12:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Some truly excellant ideas here - thank you guys/gals. Particularly like the TUMI charger, which hits the budget level right on the button. All passed on to my colleague...
Old Dec 7, 2011, 1:08 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Red Oxx has a page of gifts < $50.

http://www.redoxx.com/Gift-Ideas-Und...s/200/200/dept

I know if you order a minimum of 10, they will do a custom logo. Perhaps Aviator bags?

Originally Posted by BearX220
Leather passport cases or doc holders.
These are excellent gifts. Travel wallets are very reasonable in price, so you can have them customized and stay in budget.

Originally Posted by kingalien
One of those world adapter travel charger all-in-one with USB ports.
Another good gift. Could also consider multi-tip laptop chargers that charge from cigarette lighters as well as wall plugs.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 1:23 pm

The only issue I see with the Tumi charger kit (which is very professional looking) is that the recipients may be frequent travelers, but if they're not frequent international travelers, it's of no use to them.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by deirdre
The only issue I see with the Tumi charger kit (which is very professional looking) is that the recipients may be frequent travelers, but if they're not frequent international travelers, it's of no use to them.
Another minor issue with the Tumi converter is that it's about 400 percent the price of a Kensington unit that looks similar and does exactly the same task but costs $14:

http://www.amazon.com/Kensington-331.../dp/B0002H4YUI

So you are paying an egregious markup for the Tumi name.

That said I think a nice voltage converter is another excellent idea, if only because travelers (like me at least) are so apt to leave them behind in hotel rooms, lounges, etc. all over the globe. You can't have too many of them, or you end up buying them in a panic at airport stores, etc. and paying awful (e.g. Tumi-class) markups.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 1:48 am

Well, it does have a nice case, and that counts for some part of the difference. It's also closer to 300% than 400%, but that's hairsplitting.

Frankly, I haven't needed a voltage converter in quite a long time, so I didn't think of that.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by deirdre
Well, it does have a nice case, and that counts for some part of the difference. It's also closer to 300% than 400%, but that's hairsplitting.
351.61%, to be precise. But I happen to have some onf the Kensington ones and they work just fine.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 3:22 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
What about portable charging stations

http://www.amazon.com/Lenmar-ACUSB4-.../dp/B001BWLA8W

this one has 4 USB ports and international plug adaptors

http://www.amazon.com/Lenmar-ACUSB4-.../dp/B001BWLA8W

or a gadget organizer

http://www.cocooninnovations.com/cat_info.php?cat_id=61
Old Dec 8, 2011, 10:15 am

Programs: QF Silver
Unfortunately not as 'upmarket' but I made a lot of friends by giving travel pack gifts to some of our customers last year containing:

1. Tom Bihn absolute luggage strap (or cheaper Op/Tech equivalent from Amazon).
2. Monster Outlets-to-go 3 outlet power strip with USB charger (works on 240V as long as everything plugged into it can handle that voltage.)
3. Single AA Fenix-type LED flashlight.

In the $50-60 range and am always getting rave reviews when someone returns from a trip. Don't hear boo from anyone who got the $80 Tumi passport cover the year before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.