Wiki Posts
Search

Tumi Wheeld carry on Garment Bag

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2010, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Tumi Wheeld carry on Garment Bag

Hi All,
Do any of you have any experience with this bag?
I am looking for something to replace my Townhouse Eaton, which I am too hesitant to use as a carry on as its massive!
My choices were the 20/22" Tourbach or this.

Would a week's clothing and maybe a spare pair of shoes fit?
How heavy is it?

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all!
Old Dec 24, 2010, 1:26 pm

Programs: UAL SPG Hyatt
Originally Posted by ap10046
Hi All,
Do any of you have any experience with this bag?
I am looking for something to replace my Townhouse Eaton, which I am too hesitant to use as a carry on as its massive!
My choices were the 20/22" Tourbach or this.

Would a week's clothing and maybe a spare pair of shoes fit?
How heavy is it?

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all!
The Tumi is HUGE and doubt would technically fit in the carry-on sizer. I think it is too wide.

Would fit a week's worth of clothing and accessories no problem.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 11:22 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, SQ Krisflyer PPS, UA 1p, Marriot Lifetime Platinum, American EXP
I actually own this bag

And it is the only Tumi I regret having purchased. It is too big for carry on and it is heavy. But if you must have a suitor with wheels then maybe it is for you. I own a number of Tumi pieces more than 6 and this is the only one that spends most of its time in the back of the closet, I have the traditional suitor.

But to your question, will it hold a weeks worth of clothes,yes if you pack well. Can you fit a pair of shoes into the bag, yes I can.

As a contradiction to my first sentence, i have been using this bag for the past few years. I have been travelling to Singapore 2x month and always need suits. But, I like to be casual when not in a suit, so I am taking my Tumi carry on roller along on each trip. Because of this and that I am going to have to check a bag anyway, I have pulled it out of the bag of my closet. Maybe, I am doing this to get some value since I paid so much for it.

In summary I guess if you are always going to check it then maybe it makes sense.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 10:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: book
Originally Posted by SometimesFlyer
The Tumi is HUGE and doubt would technically fit in the carry-on sizer. I think it is too wide.

Would fit a week's worth of clothing and accessories no problem.
a little wide for sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.