Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Alternative to Hartmann belting leather bag?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alternative to Hartmann belting leather bag?

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2013, 11:14 am

Does anyone know the purpose of the dongle-thingy hanging from the brass ring on the Glaser bag?

They do such beautiful work.
Old May 16, 2013, 1:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Originally Posted by jsgreen
Does anyone know the purpose of the dongle-thingy hanging from the brass ring on the Glaser bag?

They do such beautiful work.
It looks like it flips up and over the zipper tab. Then you can lock the zipper through the dongle-thingy.

(I'm just guessing though).
Old May 16, 2013, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS
Filson:
http://www.filson.com/products/leath...metaProduct=10

Old May 17, 2013, 11:35 am

Those Glazer bags look pretty nice..
Old May 20, 2013, 9:38 am

The German company Bree makes comparable things in full grain leather. If you wanted to go upscale (probably as expensive or more than a Glaser) I'd also look into S.T. Dupont. Specifically their series of so-called Diamond leather is magnificent. I own a wallet from that series. The wallet is what gets the hardest use. Mine still looks like new after almost a year of everyday use without the slightest regard to special care. I bought the wallet to test the leather and see if I wanted to buy an everyday briefcase that can accompany me as a sort of man bag.

As soon as I can get a hold of such a bag I will get one.

Till

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.