What suitcase did George Clooney have in "Up in the Air"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What suitcase did George Clooney have in "Up in the Air"

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2010, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA Premier
i wonder if he had an actual 22" one...or a 23.45" one haha.

i'm guessing the concierge key prompts the desk clerk with these exact words "please to see you again" ...but not with a bag check in the sizer!!
Old Aug 3, 2010, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA Premier
Crew 8 has an external compartment for a laptop
Old Aug 4, 2010, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by BeachBum770
I have another question about the packing "equipment" in the movie. The last thing that Clooney packs before shutting the suitcase is some type of fold-up accessory holder. I know that I am probably not making a lot of sense, but it is hard to describe. In each scene where he is packing, he looks right down the middle of this bag, folds it in half, and zips it closed. Not sure why this is driving me crazy that I can't determine what it is, but I know that those here would be able to tell me.
Funny, but that's what I noticed too, and tried to remember to check it up a bit later.

Last edited by farahmorales; Aug 18, 2010 at 12:29 pm
Old Aug 4, 2010, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by bc114512
tie holder
@farahmorales bc114512 has said the folding zipped organiser is a tie holder
Old Nov 4, 2010, 10:29 am

TravelPro Crew8 20" Expandable Business

I found this forum by doing a search on Google for "luggage from up in the air." I did this because I had ordered some TravelPro Crew8 luggage (my first TravelPro luggage) and had heard the one I just bought had been used in the movie.

I found this elsewhere that was confirmed, but owning it myself, i'm positive this is it....

Crew 8 20" Expandable Business (http://travelpro.com/collection.cfm?...tion=Crew%208#)

Like I said, I JUST got this and while I'm not traveling till 2 weeks from now, I love this set. It has everything I've looked for in luggage. Looks VERY promising!
Old Nov 5, 2010, 11:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 3_2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/531.21.10 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Mobile/7B500 Safari/531.21.10)

Originally Posted by mreding
I found this forum by doing a search on Google for "luggage from up in the air." I did this because I had ordered some TravelPro Crew8 luggage (my first TravelPro luggage) and had heard the one I just bought had been used in the movie.

I found this elsewhere that was confirmed, but owning it myself, i'm positive this is it....

Crew 8 20" Expandable Business (http://travelpro.com/collection.cfm?...tion=Crew%208#)

Like I said, I JUST got this and while I'm not traveling till 2 weeks from now, I love this set. It has everything I've looked for in luggage. Looks VERY promising!
Welcome to Flyertalk!
Old Jan 2, 2011, 3:57 pm

As to the tie case....Does anyone have a good link to a decent deal on a similar one?

It would be appreciated (and sorry to bump an old thread for a first post)

I can be reached at [email protected]

Thank you
Old Jan 4, 2011, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by RichH55
As to the tie case....Does anyone have a good link to a decent deal on a similar one?

Thank you
I believe it was a leather Brooks brothers tie wallet. Here is a link for it:

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...lt_color=Black
Old Jan 21, 2011, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA-Plt, UA-1P, PC Plt, National ECEE
Originally Posted by RichH55

Thank you
A couple other options...

http://www.ebags.com/search/tie-case?lastterm=tie+case

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.