Reload this Page >

Reasonable Rimowa Prices?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reasonable Rimowa Prices?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2020, 5:53 pm

Hi a newbie here... Signed up as want to get a rimowa for the first time...

For these german sites, is there a way to click english language instead ?
pls help.

QUOTE=OpenSky;31937049]Koffer direct is the place to buy if you are able to do the legwork. I have had nothing but good experiences with them. The problem is they don't always have stuff in stock - and have limited inventory.
I am looking to buy the the Original trunk - but it looks like the only place where I can get it is the Rimowa boutique, and have to deal with Global Ripoff.

Kofffer World ( another german on line retailer with a physical store) should be avoided. I have personally been screwed over by them over a VAT refund and shipping.[/QUOTE]
Old Jan 24, 2020, 2:39 am

Programs: M/M
Use Google Chrome browser with the "Translate" feature
amacasamd likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 1:51 pm

Hey guys, wanted some advice for a first time buyer. I will be trekking throughout Europe in May/June and just wanted to know if Rimowa was overall cheaper in Germany compared to France (specifically Paris).
Old Mar 30, 2020, 9:52 am

Not for the current models, they've cut back nearly all wholesale. You can get airline miles on both Virgin Atlantic and British Airways if you shop on the rimowa website via their shopping portals though. Try https://www.shopping.ba.com/retailers/rimowa-uk or https://shop.virgin-atlantic.com/en/...hion/rimowa-us

Last edited by slowtrotter; Apr 28, 2020 at 3:05 am
Old Apr 20, 2020, 10:11 am

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
Since Rimowa is effectively owned by LVMH now, prices are the same Europe wide, when denominated in Euros.
Of Course the prices are different in Norway and Switzerland. No discounts.

The only place that sells Rimowa now aside from the boutiques is department stores where LVMH has a relationship, i.e KaDeWe in Berlin and Saks in New York.

The sales staff caters to the crowd that buys these cases. When I went to the Munich store ( the old one) months ago, the guy working at the store could not speak German, but spoke English of course. There was always a mandarin speaker .
Old May 1, 2020, 8:29 am

Hi everyone!

Hope everyone is safe and healthy. Just discovered this site and I want to share about my Rimowa collection. I started collecting Rimowa about 2 years ago when I was thinking of getting a good and durable cabin luggage for my business trips. When I visited my local Rimowa store, fell in love with the Classic line but I thought the price was too high compared to prices overseas. Then I saw someone online selling the exact luggage for only around 410 euro so I immediately purchased my first Rimowa.

After a year, I saw another Rimowa Salsa Air (biggest size) selling for only 90 euros. I then immediately purchased it even if the wheels are a bit wornout because I thought it was a good deal. Fell in love with this luggage because it is light weight and there’s a ton of space.

Fast forward to 2020, I saw another ad online selling a Classic Medium size for only 460 euro. And I immediately purchased it even if I didn’t really need a luggage because of the price. I have already sent all luggage to Rimowa store for minor repairs so all luggage are authentic.

Only spent around 960 euro for Classic Cabin, Classic Medium, and Large Salsa Air. Good deal! Thinking of getting the Classic Large or Trunk for retail price so that I can complete my classic collection.

I have never imagined myself collecting fancy luggages but I have been so lucky because I was able to get very good deals from online sellers.
Old May 3, 2020, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by jci168
Hi everyone!

Hope everyone is safe and healthy. Just discovered this site and I want to share about my Rimowa collection. I started collecting Rimowa about 2 years ago when I was thinking of getting a good and durable cabin luggage for my business trips. When I visited my local Rimowa store, fell in love with the Classic line but I thought the price was too high compared to prices overseas. Then I saw someone online selling the exact luggage for only around 410 euro so I immediately purchased my first Rimowa.

After a year, I saw another Rimowa Salsa Air (biggest size) selling for only 90 euros. I then immediately purchased it even if the wheels are a bit wornout because I thought it was a good deal. Fell in love with this luggage because it is light weight and there’s a ton of space.

Fast forward to 2020, I saw another ad online selling a Classic Medium size for only 460 euro. And I immediately purchased it even if I didn’t really need a luggage because of the price. I have already sent all luggage to Rimowa store for minor repairs so all luggage are authentic.

Only spent around 960 euro for Classic Cabin, Classic Medium, and Large Salsa Air. Good deal! Thinking of getting the Classic Large or Trunk for retail price so that I can complete my classic collection.

I have never imagined myself collecting fancy luggages but I have been so lucky because I was able to get very good deals from online sellers.
Welcome to the CLUB as a owner of many many pieces myself..
Old Jun 3, 2020, 2:30 am

Programs: UA Silver, CX Green
So as we all know, the economics of many business models will change due to the lingering effects of Covid-19. Does anyone believe that this will affect the pricing of Rimowa in the near future? I am looking for any speculation or thoughts, thanks and stay safe!
Old Jun 3, 2020, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
My ¢2 - not in the slightest. They have no interest in ruining their brand and it's perceived value by lowering their prices.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 2:59 am

Programs: UA Silver, CX Green
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
My ¢2 - not in the slightest. They have no interest in ruining their brand and it's perceived value by lowering their prices.
Haha rip, we will see!
elau1999 likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by Austin Luo
Haha rip, we will see!
Dear Mr. Luo,
He is wrong for sure. I never pay MSRP; if you know the price of aluminum you can calculate the approximate worth, its not the LV price. I managed to obtain a parallel import of the Rimowa Original Cabin Twist (brown leather accent). Parallel imports are your friend; they are not counterfeits, they are just obtained through unofficial channels, a grey market if you will. Not black market, but not white market either. I successfully registered mine on the Rimowa website, warranty, serial and all. The price was 460 USD, and made in Germany. I know how to spot counterfeits, usually you can tell by the lock, the keyhole orientation, the finish, etc. I think the price I paid is reasonable, compared to the absolutely insane prices on the "official" shops.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 9:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, USAir Chairmans
Any chance you’re willing to host a MasterClass on this? I’ll supply the Zoom if you bring the info... 😊
elau1999 likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 2:12 am

I am too busy for Zoom. You can get good deals from pk-luggage.com which is where I got mine, or yahoo auctions jp, or other local Japanese dealers. Unfortunately for foreigners, the shops are hard to find and they may not sell to you. I suspect the massive sales, which are not a trend exclusive to Rimowa as I have seen the entire line of Proteca luggage being slashed 50% off, is due to economic recession. I think an appropriate MSRP is 400-500 USD and no more than that, if you factor in the cost of aluminum, and the labour. Rimowa's most profitable models are polycarbonate, they use outsourced labour, and the materials are much cheaper than aluminum. Apparently, the Classic series of Rimowa is outsourced; but I haven't checked a shop in person, you might need to confirm.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 2:31 am

Did you mean on how to spot counterfeits? First the keyhole orientation needs to be compared to an original model, that goes for all the qualities. It's not hard to figure out, but some of the top class counterfeits are very hard to spot; the handle is a teller for new models, if the telescoping handle can only adjust to two positions on a new Rimowa, its a counterfeit. If the telescoping handle adjusts to any position, then it is genuine, also loose tolerances are a indication of a counterfeit. What I have observed with Westerners is they tend to be more willing to pay MSRP as a personal anecdote. Do not pay MSRP; that is a rule of thumb. 60% off or more is a good deal, for parallel imports you only pay roughly 30% more than the top grade counterfeit, but you get a product identical to the ones sold in official shops. Many Japanese businessmen know this trick of getting parallel import goods as opposed to buying in-store. Most haven't caught on yet in large numbers.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 3:49 am

For some reason, the moderators deleted my initial reply. Reply was restored. First of all, you must look at the finish. Texture must be smooth and identical to original one, grooves shape and spacing must be regular, and identical to genuine one. Wheels, must have 6 holes. If it only has 5 holes, its a fake. Shape around keyhole, if it is square, it is fake, and if it is round it is genuine, but some counterfeits have a round as well so all factors must be considered. The keyhole must be perpendicular to the grooves, if otherwise misaligned, it is fake. Telescoping handle; two position for new models is fake, for all generations the telescoping handle is seamless, where a fake will have weld marks. There is a Rimowa embossing on the zip part of the interior divider, without one it is a fake. Manufacturer's stamp: "Design by Rimowa" is engraved on the top of the body, if it is printed it is fake. A glossy instruction book is genuine, a fake one is matte. Blurred characters on the instruction book is a red flag. Real ones must have Guarantee card, sticker, manual, and name tag. A serial-less Rimowa is fake. Old series Topaz and Classic Flight are frequently faked, to spot it on a classic is more difficult. On new Rimowas, the grooves stop about half inch before the wheels, and the top corners. Ultimately go to a official store and compare it with a genuine model, and you will see the differences and confirm if it is fake or not.

Last edited by elau1999; Jul 27, 2020 at 5:03 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.