Reload this Page >

Reasonable Rimowa Prices?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reasonable Rimowa Prices?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by ordx
I noticed that the discounter Sierra Trading Post is featuring some Rimowa bags on their website. Mostly these are polycarb, but there are also a couple of aluminum pieces. I assume these are all discontinued or overstock.
Just bought a Limbo business trolley computer case from Sierra at 50% off! Very satisfied!
amacasamd likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: WOH Globalist
In case anyone is interested, Koffer Direkt is running the 20% off promo again until October 6th.

I sent them a message via their contact form inquiring a out a Rimowa Original Cabin plus(not listed on their website) but they have not replied. Has anyone had any luck corresponding with them recently?
Old Oct 5, 2019, 2:24 pm

Anyone have suggestions on the best package forwarder to take advantage of the 20% right now? Unfortunately I've no plans to head to Europe in time to get the discount.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by sapguy
Just bought a Limbo business trolley computer case from Sierra at 50% off! Very satisfied!
Very limited and interesting assortment of items made in Brazil, Czech Rep. and Canada. Also found a PC briefcase made in good old Germany, those are getting rarer and rarer.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 3:42 am

Printed copy of VAT Refund form

Hi all, I've purchased my Essential M Check In from Koffer Direkt website last weekend and awaiting delivery to my friend's place in Paris. I have forgotten to require the VAT refund form during my purchase, I've called them up yesterday morning and they have emailed the filled VAT form and instructed me to print it out and show to the custom in CDG airport to get the stamp.
I wasn't convinced as I assume we need to present the original VAT refund form with Koffer Direkt's stamping in order to obtain the stamp.

Any experience sharing on this? Does printed copy of VAT refund form works?
Old Oct 11, 2019, 9:26 am

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by sapguy
May I trouble you for a link to this item? I didn't even know Rimowa made laptop cases.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Landing Gear
May I trouble you for a link to this item? I didn't even know Rimowa made laptop cases.
This is what's left in stock: Sierra Trading Post
Landing Gear likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium/Hyatt Globalist/Delta Platinum/AA Platinum Pro
Anything current? Also, how are you guys finding out about their sales? Thanks!
Old Oct 19, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, KF Elite Gold, GHA Black
Anyone knows if third party shops in Germany/France carry the Original Cabin Plus or it's only available at official Rimowa shops?
Old Oct 21, 2019, 10:31 pm

I'm looking for the Cabin Plus as well, so far no luck getting a response from Koffer Direkt. I'm hoping someone with experience can confirm for us.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by ezhao
Anything current? Also, how are you guys finding out about their sales? Thanks!
Koffer Direkt has the 20% off sale again.

https://www.koffer-direkt.de/suche/?...m=Holiday+Sale
Old Oct 28, 2019, 1:32 pm

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/kron-al...=richrelevance

Someone pick one up and see how different in quality and performance it is to the Rimowa Original. Maybe there is no difference. lol.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 11:57 pm

https://www.koffer-direkt.de/marken/rimowa/

25% off Black Friday?
Old Nov 28, 2019, 7:38 am

Has anyone bought from koffer-direkt and had it delivered to London? I will be visiting the U.K. next month and am keen to buy a Rimowa Essential check in luggage and have it delivered to my hotel in London. Does anyone have experience doing this and is it possible to claim VAT on the luggage. What is the procedure? Thank you.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 9:08 am

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
Originally Posted by billycwhatup

I’ll chime in that my Koffer Direkt experience was flawless. I ordered in the US, has it shipped to a hotel in Germany. They sent the bag quickly with appropriate tax paperwork which I had stamped at the airport in Düsseldorf on exit (the suitcase was full of stuff, so it didn’t need to be empty). I returned home, sent the paperwork back to KD who refunded the tax payment in less than a week (including mail time from the US). Great customer service and will definitely buy from them again.
Koffer direct is the place to buy if you are able to do the legwork. I have had nothing but good experiences with them. The problem is they don't always have stuff in stock - and have limited inventory.
I am looking to buy the the Original trunk - but it looks like the only place where I can get it is the Rimowa boutique, and have to deal with Global Ripoff.

Kofffer World ( another german on line retailer with a physical store) should be avoided. I have personally been screwed over by them over a VAT refund and shipping.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.