Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Comfortable jeans for men - recommendations?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comfortable jeans for men - recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2009, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by Platcomike
Oh, and Icurhere2, what a great site. I have always wondered where the farmers get their incredibly comfy clothes. I might even get myself a pair of the bib ones with the linings when I visit my kids in Central NY this winter. Grandad will look really cool, don't you think?
Rural King is an awesome store if there's one nearby, and there are reviews of the $9.99 jeans. These are the only clothing items I have from the store (rest is home / yard / agricultural).
Old Nov 18, 2009, 10:50 am

Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt
a second on Old Navy. I obviously have only worn their women's denim, but it's a reasonable price and ON is all about the relaxed fit. You can frequently find free shipping deals and return in store, if you're a size they don't tend to stock IRL.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 3:53 am

I second Mike Cordelli's statement that jeans are not the ideal travel pants.

However, I myself sometimes wear a pair of jeans for travel; usually when I know it is a 3-4 day leisure trip and I don't have to wash them and will carry only one other (dressier) pair of pants anyway.

Of course, fit and comfort and looks are very individual. The only general advice I could give is that there are some jeans that contain about 5% elasthane (a stretch material). You get them in the size and fit that you like. The stretch provides additional comfort. I also find zippered jeans more practical and more comfortable because the fly isn't so thick and bulky.

A little extra room in the waist for the jeans you are going to travel in is probably a good idea, too. After all, our bellies don't get flatter when we sit down.

Till
Old Nov 19, 2009, 10:08 am
B1

Tilley's

I only use Tilley's stuff as travel pants - their casual pants are jean-like but have features designed for travel - velcroed pockets, secret pockets, quick-dry. They are expensive but they last forever and serve the purpose for many things. There is an annual warehouse sale. Here's an example
http://www.tilley.com/thumbnail.asp?...ectionId&id=44
Old Nov 19, 2009, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by B1
I only use Tilley's stuff as travel pants - their casual pants are jean-like but have features designed for travel - velcroed pockets, secret pockets, quick-dry. They are expensive but they last forever and serve the purpose for many things. There is an annual warehouse sale. Here's an example
http://www.tilley.com/thumbnail.asp?...ectionId&id=44
B1: I asked in another thread but got no responses: what is the drying time of the Tilley pants? They have lightweight nylon pants that would obviously dry very quickly. But they also have pants in 'adventure cloth' (which is what I assume you are talking about). Those pants are 70% polyester and 30% cotton.

How quickly do they dry? I ask this because I am suspicious that anything cotton will take a long time to dry.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 1:28 pm

Programs: US CP, UA, HH Gold, Marriott Plat, DL, AA, CO, ++
I've always liked Lands' End jeans. They have some unusual sizes (think 37x33 1/2 - they hem to 1/4") and come in a TON of colors.

www.landsend.com

HTSC
Old Nov 19, 2009, 1:35 pm

Programs: QF WP, LTG, QP on hold
I would never wear any synthetic material (nylon, polyester, etc) on an aircraft. I've heard what the heat of friction on the emergency slide does to the synthetic fabric!

Audrey
Old Nov 23, 2009, 12:10 pm
B1

Originally Posted by fredf1
B1: How quickly do they dry? I ask this because I am suspicious that anything cotton will take a long time to dry.
I have several pairs of the adventure cloth pants. They do not absorb a lot of water.Their quicker-drying property seems to be the result of being coated with some sort of a water repellent, which makes them less soft than other pants. I usually wash them by hand in a sink. Then do a quick wring and then roll each leg in a towel, unroll them and hang them up. They dry overnight. For comparison, regular cotton socks do not dry nearly as fast. While the wash and dry feature is important, their security features, solid construction, and comfort should be the main reasons to buy them. Their designs are very conservative and appeal to older travelers. Since your're in Toronto, go the store on Barber Greene and ask the people who work there - they are very well informed on their products.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 7:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by B1
I have several pairs of the adventure cloth pants. They do not absorb a lot of water.Their quicker-drying property seems to be the result of being coated with some sort of a water repellent, which makes them less soft than other pants. I usually wash them by hand in a sink. Then do a quick wring and then roll each leg in a towel, unroll them and hang them up. They dry overnight. For comparison, regular cotton socks do not dry nearly as fast. While the wash and dry feature is important, their security features, solid construction, and comfort should be the main reasons to buy them. Their designs are very conservative and appeal to older travelers. Since your're in Toronto, go the store on Barber Greene and ask the people who work there - they are very well informed on their products.
I priced out Tilley pants recently and found them very high through may rethink that based upon your feedback. Luckily they sell through a dozen retailers in YEG so I can go see the product as I have never bought pants over the web in case the fit wasn't good and I had to pay to ship them back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.