Wiki Posts
Search

Software/Training for a Newbie

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2008, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, United Silver
Software/Training for a Newbie

Quick question from someone who hands out mostly on the frequent flier boards. I've gotten into photography over the last few years--bought myself a D50 used with a standard kit lens (and then a cheap telephoto) with a cheap tripod. It's worked out great--taken some really impressive photos that now hang in my appartment.

However, I do almost no editing. I have iPhoto on my mac, but I don't think that it's powerful enough. I have two questions about my attempt to go to the next level:
1) What software do you recommend for a prosumer-type user? Photoshop? Ligtbox? Other?

2) I have limited to knowledge of photoshop (dodge, burn, etc.), but know little about other software packages. Is there a good book or something that I could grab that would point me in the right direction? Love to learn cheaply and on my own time (I work a lotta hours during the week. . .). I don't even know where to begin. . .

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.