Reload this Page >

How (and where) to embed your pictures in the Travel Photography forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 16, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gfunkdave
I have copied the first post in this thread to this wiki so anyone can edit it.

A few people have asked in various threads, and I though that this might be a good opportunity to have some instructions for the various image hosting services out there on how to present their images on the TPF forum. I'm going to include the couple responses I've already drafted, but if people have info for ones I haven't included feel free to suggest the provider to me and/or write up the instructions.

S.
And, once you've decided to post your images on FlyerTalk, here are a couple decent threads to share on:
If you're having trouble posting images and cannot seem to figure out why they aren't showing up in the post, make sure to check your profile settings. There is an option to display images or not, and that may be the source of the problems. To get to the setting, click on the My FlyerTalk link, then on the Edit Options link. On that page scroll down and make sure that the check box is selected next to the option "Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)" and save the settings. Hopefully that will fix things.

Update:
Just wanted to add a welcome to folks who are coming over to this thread from some of the other fora that recently had photo embedding enabled. If you're having any problems or want to include details about a new hosting service please feel free to post in this thread and/or PM me.
Print Wikipost

How (and where) to embed your pictures in the Travel Photography forum

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2018, 4:10 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold

test

test
Old Oct 24, 2018, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Test

Railroad Bridge in Nenana, Alaska
Old Nov 9, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Hi,
i am trying to share some photos for my trip report and about a third of the time, there is at least one error message popping up when trying to upload the pictures : it says : Alert, there was an issue processing the data, and removes the picture from the list. I eventually manage to upload it again by trying again but this is quite annoying.
Also, Sometimes, when trying to upload multiple pictures, some remain stuck at 100% loading but do not show up.
Any known way to fix this ?
Thanks for your help.
Guillaume
Old Nov 9, 2018, 4:58 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
It looks like you are posting full-sized images that are pretty large. You might try resizing them to a more manageable size first.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by abmj-jr
It looks like you are posting full-sized images that are pretty large. You might try resizing them to a more manageable size first.
Hi, Thanks but I already resized the images to a 1500x1125 resolution, each image is now between 500kb and 1MB. Is it still too large?
Old Nov 10, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
Originally Posted by palmanfr
Hi, Thanks but I already resized the images to a 1500x1125 resolution, each image is now between 500kb and 1MB. Is it still too large?
No, that should not cause a problem. I only looked at one of your images from a trip report and it looked like full-size at over 3 MB. If you are under a MB, then that is not the problem.

How are you posting? Direct or via a photo storage service. I never have trouble posting from my SmugMug account.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:36 am

I was just going to start posting trip reports again but found that flickr now have a picture limit of 1,000 for the free . Do all sites have this limit or can you recommend a site i can post my pictures to?

Thanks!
Old Apr 11, 2019, 4:56 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
A generic query: TRs frequently leave just one blank line between pix, which may have a caption in it. The thing is, there's no consistency as to whether the caption refers to the photo above or the photo below. Often you can work it out from the pics themselves, but fairly often, especially when several similar shots follow each other, it is difficult to say which pic the caption is referring to. Is there any etiquette or consensus which says which is preferable? I have no preference. I just want to avoid having to scroll up and down all the time. A good way of avoiding this problem is to leave an extra line of white space, which then clarifies the issue.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 12:09 am

Programs: CX Silver
test

Old Jan 7, 2020, 6:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci des Transports de Navette

Test
Old Jan 14, 2020, 10:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci des Transports de Navette

Test 2

Last edited by OddJobMan; Jan 14, 2020 at 10:35 am Reason: Incorrect image loaded
Old Feb 9, 2020, 10:23 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Question: Is there a way to turn off the irritating Flickr watermark slideshow footer?

When I use "source" in the edit mode, it posts accurately without watermark. When I click save changes, it appears.

I have tried the usual unticking of the Automatically parse links in text and Automatically retrieve titles from external links boxes but this issue persists.

Help?
Old Apr 22, 2020, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Thai Silver, EK Blue
Testing Google photo

Old Dec 25, 2020, 1:52 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Test

Last edited by Short hair Francis; Dec 25, 2020 at 1:58 pm
Old Oct 3, 2021, 4:27 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.