Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Photography
Reload this Page >

Admitting ignorance is hard, but tech assistance please.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2007, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt

Ok, I hate admitting to being a dumb *&%, ever, but here goes. I just can't figure out how some of you guys embed photos into your posts. I tried using the tag, listed in the "Posting photos" thread, to a link to my pictures but could only get the little red "X" that indicates a picture which can't be displayed. As a result, I had to just post a link to the photos I wanted to share.

How do you all do it?

JR
Old Oct 14, 2007, 4:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Where are your photos hosted? And what are you putting in the embedded tag?

I host all mine on my own server, so I know the full path to the image is something like http://www.millerworks.net/pictures/...omepicture.jpg, but if you are hosting them on flickr or somewhere else the URL you need to post them will be different.

I saw in one of your posts that you've got some stuff hosted at SumgMug. If that is what you are using, it is pretty easy to do. In one of my SmugMug galleries I can choose to get the "real" URL for an image by clicking on the image and then clicking on the "share photo" link under the picture. In there you get a collection of links depending on what size you want the image to be. I picked medium (http://gallery.millerworks.net/photos/201369877-M-1.jpg) and then embedded the picture using the button on the toolbar:

You do have to make sure that you have SumgMug set up to allow linking to your image libraries from their system, but it is set that way by default, so that probably isn't the issue.

Last edited by sbm12; Oct 21, 2007 at 8:30 am Reason: Found the SmugMug code
Old Oct 14, 2007, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
Thanks. I'll give it a try when I get home from my current trip.

JR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.