Good Educational Resources

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:49 am

Check out CameraSim

A great educational resource for anyone wanting to learn basic DSLR funcationality and exposure is the CameraSim.

CameraSim is a free online DSLR simulator (ipad and iPhone versions are paid) that allows you to change ISO, aperture, and shutter speed in the simulator and then shows the results of those changes.

Great for those that are hoping to learn the basics. Check it out at http://www.camerasim.com
Old Feb 5, 2013, 12:53 pm

Programs: MS AMEX PLAT- Marriott Titanium-HH G- UA Silver-JPM RC . DL-AA-BA

I have not checked it recently but www.bythom.com is a great reference. Thom does a good job reviewing new equipment and making predictions about upcoming Nikon gear. I also enjoy www.photo.net there is a good bit of material there regarding film photography and older/classic equipment for anyone who is interested in that.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2 Million Miler)
There is a great collection of both formal and informal Photography training and tutorials available on lynda.com. Traditionally, lynda.com offered training only on software (i.e. Photoshop, Lightroom). Over the past few years, however, lynda.com has also added numerous courses and tutorials that teach core photography skills.

http://www.lynda.com/Photography-tra...ials/70-0.html
Old Dec 28, 2013, 3:19 pm

another great resource is fredmiranda.com
Old Nov 24, 2014, 7:18 pm

+1 on Thom Hogan who has several sites covering various topics. Really like his reviews -- he does not pull punches on Nikons even though he is a Nikon guy and his sites, like almost all of the review/tutorial sites, generate their revenue from readers who click through to an online retailer.

Also check photography life dot com from Nasim Mansurov for well written articles/reviews etc.

I find dpreview useful but their forum is too snarky for my taste.

Fred Miranda is great.

DXOmark dot com is a useful bench testing site.

Luminous Landscape has already been mentioned as has Strobist. Both great sites.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 4:49 am

I'd check out Cambridge in Color. I haven't browsed the site that much, but I've heard good things.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 11:02 pm

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this but Lynda.com is a great resource for online tutorials. It is especially good for photography software like Lightroom. If you are a member of a public library you can get access for free often times.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by mordy2000
There is a great collection of both formal and informal Photography training and tutorials available on lynda.com. Traditionally, lynda.com offered training only on software (i.e. Photoshop, Lightroom). Over the past few years, however, lynda.com has also added numerous courses and tutorials that teach core photography skills.

http://www.lynda.com/Photography-tra...ials/70-0.html
I did the trial and found it ok.

My recommendation would be for Elia Locardi's tutorials on Fstoppers-I found them full of information (at least as a midlevel amateur).
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:20 pm

thanks for the info
Old May 14, 2019, 4:30 am
Suspended

Thank you so much these!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.