Wiki Posts
Search

Luminar AI

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2021, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Luminar AI

Hello All

Do any of you have experience with Luminar AI and can recommend or advise against it?

Thanks a lot
Old Mar 11, 2021, 10:42 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
I bought what I think is now the previous version of the product around a year ago and played with it for a time. Some of the features like the sky replacement thing can be a lot of fun and quite effective; here are a couple of examples.

Wild horses monument, central Washington State, before and after

Mont Saint-Michel before and after

Some of the other editing tools are useful, but in terms of workflow it's no substitute for more conventional products like Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop Elements (which now also has a sky replacement option I believe) or higher-end products. But it's not terribly expensive and can be enjoyable depending on what you want to do with it. I can't speak to features the newest version might have, which could make the decision easier.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Many thanks for your inputs and the exemplary pictures.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 4:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum. AA and UA as well, but I don't care about them anymore.
I went from Luminar to Luminar AI. I do most of my editing in Capture 1 and only go to Luminar for heavier things and watermarking.

It really depends on what you are after in an editor. Both Luminar and Luminar AI are excellent and do not require you to get sucked into the Adobe subscription hell.

but they are different beasts. Luminar is an excellent editor and has the more traditional workflow and capabilities like you’d get with Photoshop. Luminar is more manual and IMO more powerful.

Luminar AI, IMO is more for “quick and dirty” edits or for people who don’t want a lot of control but more want fast and convenient edits that are largely algorithmic. People who would rather add predefined filters and then make minor adjustments. (Note it does have advanced editing features, but most users, I imagine, are more of the Filter and Slider variety).

I’ll probably use it for a while but invest in an upgrade to Luminar itself and not bother with AI after that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.