Wiki Posts
Search

ATL specific plane spotting questions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2017, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL
ATL specific plane spotting questions

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, I posted a few months ago in the ATL destination forum with very little response. I've got a buddy who wants to ride up to ATL and do some plane spotting in a couple of weeks. I have a couple of spots I use but was wondering if anyone else had some suggestions outside of the normal spotting locations. Also, as a generic question, is there an app or website that shows which runway airplanes are supposed to be landing on (for airports with multiple departure runways such as ATL) or does anyone with ATL experience regarding if the widebody planes generally use one of the runways over the other ones at ATL?

Thanks
Old Jul 16, 2017, 6:13 am

Google can be your friend.... http://atlantaaviation.weebly.com/at...locations.html
Old Jul 23, 2017, 3:49 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
We got a high floor runway view room at the Renaissance last fall and enjoyed plane spotting from our balcony.

Regarding the layout, traffic tends to be westbound, with inner runways (closest to terminal) for takeoffs and outer runways for landing. The far afield runway (10/28) seems to be for additional landings; I haven't really noticed a pattern with its use.

My experience has been the flights to the north and west tend to use the north runways (8L/26R and 8R/26L), so you'll typically see more heavies there. Aside from the Renaissance, good views can be had from the parking garages and the ends of the concourses if there are no service vehicles in the way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.