Search

Actioncams?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2016, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Actioncams?

Hi guys

Well i am looking for a good all around camera, that i can just take with me anywhere, i use it 90% of the time just for pictures. About 2 years ago i got i Canon 7D and a Olympus TG820, i used to travel with both, but it was about 2lbs extra to carry around, most of the time i just toke the TG820 and my Phone (I had an S4 at that time and i think the phone toke better pictures). So last year i went for a Sony A5000 that got for a great price, but again taking the Cam + the TG is sometimes annoying (Hate going to the beach with it, all the time i am looking back from the water if the bags are still there).... So i have decided to get me one all around camera, that i can take with me anywhere, that is small and that will get better pictures than my Phone (S6 now), i dont do a lot of sports but i do use it a few time on water, so i think that a sport cam will be ideal for me.

I have look around and i have find the Gopro HERO+ LCD has about everything that a will like in a cam (Screen, Small, Conects to your phone for a selfie, etc...) But still the price is so near to a 4 Silver.......... So if you have any other cam that you may recomend
Old Sep 14, 2016, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll move this to the Travel Photography forum.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond, Avis PP. Dropped UA*G.
I would only buy an Action cam if the smallness is the main deciding feature that you want to consider. Otherwise I would look at something which is still designed as a high quality stills camera like something from the Fuji X range, to give you the trade off of small and high quality.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.