Wiki Posts
Search

Eliminating window reflections

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2015, 5:38 pm
McG

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Ysitincoach

I've been happy with the LensSkirt, and once I superglued the suction cups to the fabric, I haven't had any issue. Quick fix to an age old problem.
Thanks for the tip. ^
Old Jan 11, 2015, 3:16 am

Programs: QF
I put my jacket over my head and around the camera, seemed to do the trick.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
Window glass is an U corrected layer with contaminants, etc. better without it, but if you must, a circular polarizing lens.
The polarizing filter also just makes a lot of outdoor scenes look far better. For a long time I only took mine off my camera when shooting in really low light.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by pandablood
This product is ridiculous. black cloth with a simple hole cut into it and a bit of gaffer tape and you're good to go. this thing doesn't even neatly stack, it's the size of an ipad when folded. rubbish!
Yup...just get a piece of duvetyne and you'll be good to go. A little bit of gaff tape won't hurt either.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT 2MM+; Marriott PLT
I have used mine for a month or so and really like it. No problems at all with suction cups not holding. It has stayed in place for at least a week. I agree that it is a bit limited with wide angle or if taking a shot that is not perpendicular to the glass. I have left the camera/tripod in place for days to catch different shots, sunrise, sunset, etc.

What is the issue with super gluing the suction cups to the fabric?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.