Search

Visiting Dublin

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2012, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Visiting Dublin

Hello,

I'm visiting Dublin in November. I will be bringing my laptop and camera (Canon EOS 40D) with me. I've got the following equipment for the camera:

1) Speedlite 580 EX II flash
2) EF 70-300mm IS USM telephoto
3) EF 24-105 L IS USM

Outside of the grip, I was just thinking of bringing the 24-105 lens with me. Any thoughts? I certainly won't be pursuing any wildlife shots and figure the 24-105 will be good for countryside and urban shots.

Should I bring the flash at all?

I'm planning on keeping the camera body in the backpack with my laptop that I carry on board with me and will pack the lens in my check luggage wrapped up inside clothes to keep it from being dinged up.

Thoughts?
Old May 22, 2012, 12:57 am

I agree with your lens choice. My 70-300 almost never goes with me anywhere anymore.

I would be hesitant to check your glass. Will it not also fit in your backpack?

As for your flash, if you normally use it (or are planning on taking very specific images that will require a flash) then bring it; otherwise I would leave it at home.
Old May 22, 2012, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Visiting Dublin

Thanks for your thoughts. Will leave the flash and telephoto behind. I'll keep the lens in the backpack with my laptop.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.