Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Photography
Reload this Page >

How many cameras can I take with me when flying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2011, 11:12 pm
Original Poster

hey there
I am going on a trip to Poland Tuesday 26th
and i am planing on taking 3 camera's is there a limit on a carryon.
I will me taking a canon 5d mkII and a under water point n shoot and just a canon pocket point n shoot camera a lot with a laptop.
Will they say anything or ask me? The airline is LOT POLISH AIRLINES
and i am flying from ORD to WAW then KRK.
Thanks
Old Jul 26, 2011, 3:01 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
The airline won't say anything, but the Polish customs might if they stop you as you might have to pay duty on them. Also, provided you're flying from the US, you might be forced to pay duty on it. Be sure to declare all your cameras before leaving the US so you'll have proof that you exported them and are re-importing them to avoid having to pay duty.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 7:35 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Palal is on the money - show up early and go to US CBP / Customs, they can give you a form to fill out. The form is "proof" you had this all before you left, can help in case of theft / loss and insurance claims, and makes it easier for you to fil out declaration forms on arrivals (description and serial numbers all in one place).

As to the airline, they don't care - the only issue is the carry-on limit.

Some of us get around some of that with Scottevest.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 5:57 am

You might want to also bring along the receipts for the cameras showing that you purchased them at home.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.