Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

Certain dogs in hold damage aircraft

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2009, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF WP Life Gold: DL Gold Elite: PRIORITYCLUB GOLD

Found this on the Aer Lingus site .....

"Due to industry reports of serious damage to aircraft as a result of dogs becoming loose in aircraft holds, the following breeds of dogs are not to be carried under any circumstances on any Aer Lingus aircraft......"

Anyone have any idea what industry reports these are?
Old Jun 9, 2009, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by lorraflites
Found this on the Aer Lingus site .....

"Due to industry reports of serious damage to aircraft as a result of dogs becoming loose in aircraft holds, the following breeds of dogs are not to be carried under any circumstances on any Aer Lingus aircraft......"

Anyone have any idea what industry reports these are?
Please provide us the link to what you have posted.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
It looks like the OP was referring to the Aer Lingus pet policy, which excludes the following breeds: Akita, Dogo Argentino, Fila Brazillero, Mastiff, Pit Bull, and Tosa.

I have no idea about the industry reports, and IMHO Aer Lingus should be much more worried about how the dogs got loose, not excluding their carriage because of it.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cepheid
It looks like the OP was referring to the Aer Lingus pet policy, which excludes the following breeds: Akita, Dogo Argentino, Fila Brazillero, Mastiff, Pit Bull, and Tosa.

I have no idea about the industry reports, and IMHO Aer Lingus should be much more worried about how the dogs got loose, not excluding their carriage because of it.
I agree totally with your statement. This looks like a case of the cart pulling the donkey.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF WP Life Gold: DL Gold Elite: PRIORITYCLUB GOLD
Originally Posted by RSSrsvp
I agree totally with your statement. This looks like a case of the cart pulling the donkey.
Not sure what carts pulling donkeys has to do with the question , which asked if anyone knew about the so-called industry reports. Thought this might be the forum where people might know and/or care about such reports

The link you demanded is here http://www.aerlingus.com/cgi-bin/obe...=2#specialmeal
Old Jun 10, 2009, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lorraflites
Not sure what carts pulling donkeys has to do with the question , which asked if anyone knew about the so-called industry reports. Thought this might be the forum where people might know and/or care about such reports

The link you demanded is here http://www.aerlingus.com/cgi-bin/obe...=2#specialmeal
It is quite obvious that I was replying to cepheid's statement about how the dogs might have gotten loose in the cargo hold which might be slightly OT but still relevant to this discussion. @:-)

Yes, the OP's question is still unanswered regarding industry reports.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 11:33 am

Hey I think I stumbled across the Answer to this.

Ok, I also found this on the Aer Lingus site, and thought it was totally bizzare. So i dug around about the breeds of dogs they listed, and I'm pretty sure Aer Ling's list is based on "The Dangerous Dogs Act" of 1991. . It makes a lot of sense for them to refuse to transport these dogs, because it would be illegal for them to bring them into any part of the UK, even on a flight connection. Wikipedia says that the 1991 law was written in response to a series of violent attacks by dogs in the UK... maybe, just maybe one of those reports has something to do with the wierd claim that a dog somehow damaged an aircraft. Anyway hope this helped.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.