Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

Hilton goes pet friendly & partners with Pet Shelters Across America

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2008, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Article here - http://www.hotelnewsresource.com/article32944.html
Old Jun 6, 2008, 11:39 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by bhatnasx
Thanks for the link.
Last year I spent a month at the Radisson in RST and noticed that several guests had dogs. Don't know if this is company-wide policy. Given that so many in RST are visiting the Mayo Clinic.. whether it is a company policy or a compassionate policy, it was very nice to see. Clearly, the pet policy at the Radisson in RST provided great comfort to the guests; many who were in a very stressful situation re: medical treatment.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 8:29 pm
Commander Catcop

Here is the direct link to Hilton's info on Pets being welcomed at their hotels:

www.hilton.com/pets

Four Paws Up HIlton!
Old Jun 16, 2008, 6:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Has anyone stayed at a Hilton with their pets since this announcement?
Old Jun 16, 2008, 6:53 pm

I don't like that they charge a non-refundable $75 (or less) fee per stay. They say that most will be pet friendly, but don't list them. They also imply that there is a special pet rate or room class.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 12:20 am

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by Tummy
I don't like that they charge a non-refundable $75 (or less) fee per stay.
I don't like it either, but then, it's not unexpected. Many places charge an extra fee for pets. It covers additional cleaning costs (because pet hair gets everywhere, and therefore one would hope that they would clean more rigorously, e.g. vacuuming the blankets that never get changed, etc.) and probably also covers increased liability (if the next guest experiences allergies due to a lack of proper cleaning).

$75 per day would be ludicrous, but per stay is not really that bad (assuming a "typical" leisure stay of 3-5 days).

I don't like the $50-$100 that airlines charge for in-cabin pets, either... IMHO, that's much more of a junk fee than this one, since in-cabin pets don't even leave their carrier - it's not like they have to get pet dander out of the entire cabin afterwards.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 8:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I thought this was for all Hiltons, but apparently, it's still up to the location on whether they want to participate or not.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 10:24 am

According to Hilton reservations, pets can stay in only a few locations as this program is in the testing stages. The one available in SF is in the financial district.
The $75. is for dogs 18" and under, $125. for over 18" tall and a maximum wt of 40#.
Bob

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.