Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

Limits set for pets on planes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Limits set for pets on planes

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2001, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Great stories! I've seen dogs in little boxes with folks at UA check-in. I was told there was a limit of 2 dogs per plane cabin, and you need to "book them in advance" ... not sure if that policy has changed.

Small isolated countries, like the British Isles, are terrified of rabies infestations and require lengthy periods of quarentine for incoming pets.
Try big isolated continents too.

That's why we do [n]not[/b] have foot and mouth or mad cow disease etc, and thus the cleanest meat products in the world. Which is why meat costs me 30% more this year, as the demand for export is phenomenal to Europe.

Want to bring your family pet from USA to OZ??? It stays for SIX MONTHS on an off-shore island quarantine station, no exceptions.

------------------
~ Glen ~
Old Apr 6, 2001, 2:21 am

A lot of people get tripped up by those regulations in Hawaii also. When you get off the plane, if you are frothing at the mouth, into quarantine you go.

[This message has been edited by LIH Prem (edited 04-06-2001).]
Old Apr 6, 2001, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I've brought small to medium sized dogs on board planes several times. Air France and KLM have no problems with this on short or long flights. I think I've used Air Littoral too.
Old Apr 6, 2001, 10:42 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally posted by stimpy:
I've brought small to medium sized dogs on board planes several times. Air France and KLM have no problems with this on short or long flights. I think I've used Air Littoral too.
Its good to hear that KLM tolerates small to medium size dogs. Its just too bad they had big problems with squirrels two years ago :
http://www.scarysquirrel.org/sprpts/klmban.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.