Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

Iceland Air UK to USA via KEF

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2021, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AK MVP Gold, EK Gold, LH Silver, Hyatt Gold, BW Gold, Avis Preferred, NationalCar Emerald

Hi all, I am really struggling with this one. I am looking to fly from UK to USA with IcelandAir. Travel has me in transit in KEF for 2 hours. I am wanting to take my dog in the hold on the flight. My vet and I are really struggling to figure out if I need to adhere to Iceland Govt pet importation rules (MAST) or if the dog is just considered in transit and I only need to adhere to the USA import rules. Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially from anyone who has done this route post brexit or recently.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 4:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AK MVP Gold, EK Gold, LH Silver, Hyatt Gold, BW Gold, Avis Preferred, NationalCar Emerald
Originally Posted by planet_erg
Hi all, I am really struggling with this one. I am looking to fly from UK to USA with IcelandAir. Travel has me in transit in KEF for 2 hours. I am wanting to take my dog in the hold on the flight. My vet and I are really struggling to figure out if I need to adhere to Iceland Govt pet importation rules (MAST) or if the dog is just considered in transit and I only need to adhere to the USA import rules. Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially from anyone who has done this route post brexit or recently.
In case anyone else is wondering the same, no, I do not need to worry about MAST requirements. This was confirmed directly to me by MAST.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.