Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

Anyone looking to share private flight NYC to UK - with dogs!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2021, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, Marriot

Hi everyone

I might need to relocate from the US to UK over the next couple of months and have 2 English bulldogs.

with the whole pandemic impact, my plan was QM2 sailing (no way do I want to put them in the hold). Now it looks like the only option is a private flight, with quotes around $70k!! minimum (eg teteboro to London)

I only need 2 seats (and floor space for the dogs of course!) so 10+ seats potentially available

is anyone looking to do the same route and interested in coming together?

and of course, any other options / ideas welcome!

thanks
DianeHobson likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 5:41 am

I'm in a similar situation - I've booked (and had cancelled) 4 different QM2 voyages to get my French bulldog to Europe, and now my earliest option is to be waitlisted for 2022. I am interested in exploring this path, though would certainly need more people on board to make the cost (more) reasonable!
Kelly Potter likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 3:23 pm

Hi there just saw your post
We live in LA and yes we are interested.
DianeHobson likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 12:46 am

Hi, Kelly! How many passengers/dogs would you be? Would you be willing to get to the NYC area first? That would be the most affordable and fastest option from US to Europe. There are services like Blade I've just started looking into that seem to allow you to essentially crowdsource a chartered flight. London isn't ideal for me (would prefer mainland Europe) but would do it if it were best for others.
-Cassie
DianeHobson likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 10:25 am

Hi Cassie! We have two dogs and there is me and my husband. We would definitely get to NYC area first as much cheaper and also want to go to mainland europe not London (we are from the UK but with Brexit taking dogs there is a pain). We would have a place in Ibiza and always have to leave our dogs behind so would love to be able to take them with us! Anywhere in Europe would work for us and we are flexible with the dates. Thanks!
Old Apr 12, 2021, 3:09 pm

Kelly - Boston to Amsterdam seems to be one of the best routes at the moment in terms of flight times and potential Covid restrictions. Have you found any chartered flight providers that you think are worth exploring? Many I've looked at don't actually allow pets. The one I mentioned before permits dogs under 25 pounds - with their "FlightTilt" option you would commit to however many seats you need/are willing to purchase, then the flight would be confirmed and you would only be charged if it filled up to a minimum number of seats. Looks like each seat is about $7,000 through that service.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 3:25 pm

Hi, I have not found anything so far - and our dogs are 45lbs each so that wouldn't work for me. I will keep looking and let you know if anything comes up. Boston amsterdam would work for me..anywhere in europe would to be honest.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 8:45 pm

LA to London

Hi we have two boxer dogs, and are looking to move the next few months . Just been looking at options and private plane seems to be the only way. Would be willing to travel to NY or even land in Amsterdam. If it works out cheaper !
Thanks Diane
Old Jun 3, 2021, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by DianeHobson
Hi we have two boxer dogs, and are looking to move the next few months . Just been looking at options and private plane seems to be the only way. Would be willing to travel to NY or even land in Amsterdam. If it works out cheaper !
Thanks Diane
Old Jun 3, 2021, 12:27 am

Hi Diane
i kind of gave up for a while as got no leads with this so let me know if you get anywhere with it
We are still interested
we would go to anywhere in Europe from the usa
we have 2 dogs and live in LA but would drive to the east coast
We are flexible
thank you!
kelly
Old Jun 3, 2021, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by Kelly Potter
Hi Diane
i kind of gave up for a while as got no leads with this so let me know if you get anywhere with it
We are still interested
we would go to anywhere in Europe from the usa
we have 2 dogs and live in LA but would drive to the east coast
We are flexible
thank you!
kelly
Old Jun 3, 2021, 12:31 am

Hi Kelly, we are just outside LA ! Thousand Oaks / moorpark . I’ve just started to look into it so I will keep you posted.
Diane
Old Jun 3, 2021, 8:20 am

Great!
Are you planning to go just one way?
my email is [email protected] if you want to keep in touch that way instead as this forum is a bit annoying to navigate.
Thank you Diane
Kelly

Originally Posted by DianeHobson
Hi Kelly, we are just outside LA ! Thousand Oaks / moorpark . I’ve just started to look into it so I will keep you posted.
Diane
Old Jul 22, 2021, 10:03 am
Suspended

Programs: Clan Loganair
One of the queens accepts dogs and has kennel on board
Old Jul 23, 2021, 8:55 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
That could be an alternative indeed for those who have the time to spend on a week-long sea voyage instead of an 8-hour flight.
Dogs are accepted on transatlantic crossings between NY and Southampton on the QM2. But they have to be in kennels (not allowed in passenger staterooms) and are restricted to a rather small area of the ship. But there's indoor and outdoor areas where they can roam about freely. The pet quarters aren't accessible 24/7, owners can only spend about 8 hours a day with their animals during daytime hours.
Cost: $1000 if over 26 lbs weight, $800 if less than 26 pounds. There's no upper size/weight limits, which makes this attractive for large dogs who must travel as cargo on airlines which has seen prices skyrocketing in 2020 (Cunard hasn't changed their pet prices since 2016). The bigger ($1,000) kennels are 36″ * 36″ * 30″, and there's the option of connecting two together for even more space.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.