Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

What pet carrier fits best on a Embraer 175 Delta/Compass Jet?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2018, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Traveling with 8 lb dog and read that Embraer 175 has only 7.5” under seat to fit pet carrier; seems awfully low as most pet carriers are 10” in height. Is this the actual height under Delta/Compass E175s and if so what pet carrier fits that space?
Old Nov 9, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold,, Marriott Plat
Yes, 7.5 inches is very tight. In my past experiences travelling with our King Charles in a standard 9 inch carrier I have been given a window seat which allowed me to keep the kennel along the wall lengthwise which gave me some legroom during flight. Some FA are ok with this since it is not an obstruction in case of emergency while others are very insistent they must be in the footwell especially during take-off and landing.
Soft cases work best as you can make them conform to the space during this time then moved once airborne. Hope this helps
Old Nov 9, 2018, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Thank you! I’ll change my seat to a window. My dog is a Cavalier/toy poodle mix so will try the smaller carrier bag but lengthwise under my window. Very helpful advice!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.