Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

PETS on Board - Delta Air Lines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 6, 2018, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhomburg
The Delta Professional website (geared at travel agents) offers a very comprehensive guide to pet travel on Delta, Delta Connection and partner airlines.
It can be found here: https://pro.delta.com/content/agency...-policies.html.
Print Wikipost

PETS on Board - Delta Air Lines

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2019, 11:58 pm

That would be so wrong to lie. People who call their pet a service dog in order to take their pet in the cabin make it harder for the disabled with genuine service dogs.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by Gadot
Has anyone flown under the new rules. JFK to Paris is 7 hours and 45 min (atl in 8 hours and 15 min) but on return, both are 30 min longer. Am I going to have problems in Paris coming home. I note that American does not have this restriction. I guess I could call her a service dog but....
Be aware that in an increasing number of jurisdictions falsely claiming a pet is a service animal is a crime. Also many, if not most, European countries have very different rules about service animals.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:17 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta, AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
Be aware that in an increasing number of jurisdictions falsely claiming a pet is a service animal is a crime. Also many, if not most, European countries have very different rules about service animals.
Francedoes not count psychiatric as a service animal. Really only seeing eye and hearing dogs, but I have heard of diabetic dogs and seizure dogs.
BUT the EU (which I think supersedes french law) does

"Art. L. 114. - For the purposes of this Act, any limitation of activity or restriction
of participation in the life of a society suffered in its environment by a person because of an alteration
substantial, lasting or definitive of one or more physical, sensory, mental, cognitive or
mental health, a poly-disability or a disabling health condition. "
But you need a european card that states you are disabled.

As to US> How do jurisdictions claim not a service dog as by ADA rules they cannot ask anything beyond what is she trained to do, From ADA website
"You may NOT legally ask the person what his/her disability is or to show proof of disability or proof of where the dog was trained."
Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:21 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta, AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by cdagirl
That would be so wrong to lie. People who call their pet a service dog in order to take their pet in the cabin make it harder for the disabled with genuine service dogs.
i agree, but...
I know a girl that has tried to commit suicide many times until her doctor made her get an animal. she has a small dog which she cuddles with when she is depressed and has had no attempts since. Airlines don't include psychiatric dogs as service dogs- but she really needs it. What is she to do but call it a service dog. It is not the overused ES dog
beachmiles likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.