PETS on Board - Delta Air Lines

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 5, 18, 9:33 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: bhomburg
Wiki Link
The Delta Professional website (geared at travel agents) offers a very comprehensive guide to pet travel on Delta, Delta Connection and partner airlines.
It can be found here: https://pro.delta.com/content/agency...-policies.html.
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 27, 19, 12:58 am

That would be so wrong to lie. People who call their pet a service dog in order to take their pet in the cabin make it harder for the disabled with genuine service dogs.
Old Feb 27, 19, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by Gadot View Post
Has anyone flown under the new rules. JFK to Paris is 7 hours and 45 min (atl in 8 hours and 15 min) but on return, both are 30 min longer. Am I going to have problems in Paris coming home. I note that American does not have this restriction. I guess I could call her a service dog but....
Be aware that in an increasing number of jurisdictions falsely claiming a pet is a service animal is a crime. Also many, if not most, European countries have very different rules about service animals.
Old Apr 2, 19, 8:17 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta, AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by CDTraveler View Post
Be aware that in an increasing number of jurisdictions falsely claiming a pet is a service animal is a crime. Also many, if not most, European countries have very different rules about service animals.
Francedoes not count psychiatric as a service animal. Really only seeing eye and hearing dogs, but I have heard of diabetic dogs and seizure dogs.
BUT the EU (which I think supersedes french law) does

"Art. L. 114. - For the purposes of this Act, any limitation of activity or restriction
of participation in the life of a society suffered in its environment by a person because of an alteration
substantial, lasting or definitive of one or more physical, sensory, mental, cognitive or
mental health, a poly-disability or a disabling health condition. "
But you need a european card that states you are disabled.

As to US> How do jurisdictions claim not a service dog as by ADA rules they cannot ask anything beyond what is she trained to do, From ADA website
"You may NOT legally ask the person what his/her disability is or to show proof of disability or proof of where the dog was trained."
Old Apr 2, 19, 8:21 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta, AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by cdagirl View Post
That would be so wrong to lie. People who call their pet a service dog in order to take their pet in the cabin make it harder for the disabled with genuine service dogs.
i agree, but...
I know a girl that has tried to commit suicide many times until her doctor made her get an animal. she has a small dog which she cuddles with when she is depressed and has had no attempts since. Airlines don't include psychiatric dogs as service dogs- but she really needs it. What is she to do but call it a service dog. It is not the overused ES dog
beachmiles likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: