Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pet Fee at Marriott

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2017, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Pet Fee at Marriott

So I know this sub forum is for individuals with pets. I don't have a pet but recently stayed at a TownePlace and was charged $100 pet fee. I figure the person in the room before me had a dog and didn't declare the pet to avoid the $100 fee.

1) I agree this fee is a bit steep
2) If you have a pet don't stay at Marriott hotels that charge this fee
3) If you stay at a hotel with your pet and don't declare it you might not get caught but the person staying in the room after you might get screwed

I have animal allergies and should have complained about the dog hair in the room. Thing is we got into the room after midnight and were using a employee rate (my buddy works for Marriott) so didn't want to be a bother to the hotel staff.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 5:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by act0fgod
So I know this sub forum is for individuals with pets. I don't have a pet but recently stayed at a TownePlace and was charged $100 pet fee. I figure the person in the room before me had a dog and didn't declare the pet to avoid the $100 fee.

1) I agree this fee is a bit steep
2) If you have a pet don't stay at Marriott hotels that charge this fee
3) If you stay at a hotel with your pet and don't declare it you might not get caught but the person staying in the room after you might get screwed

I have animal allergies and should have complained about the dog hair in the room. Thing is we got into the room after midnight and were using a employee rate (my buddy works for Marriott) so didn't want to be a bother to the hotel staff.
Did you dispute the charge?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 6:41 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This one is simple as to the $100.

1. I presume that of necessity the charge is imposed sometime after you left. Call the property or send an email, explain that you did not have a pet with you, declared or not and ask that a credit be issued immediately.
2. Wait some reasonable period of time, perhaps a week, and dispute the $100 fee on your CC. Keep the dispute short and sweet, e.g. "I was charged a $100 pet fee, but did not have a pet of any kind with me."

As to the broader issue, it only makes sense to check out a room when you enter. If it is not up to snuff, including cleaning, raise the issue immediately and have it cleaned, repaired or get yourself reassigned,.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.