Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

American Airline pet travel restrictions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2016, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Iberia Plus, Flying Blue, Delta Skymiles, Priority Club

According to American Airlines website today, no pets are allowed in cabin transatlantic, US-EU.

I find that rather surprising as their partner Iberia does allow for it.

So virtually, my pet would be barred from the cabin on the codeshare from MAD to MIA for example, and have to go in the hold, since the Partners work it so the IBXXXX filght would actually be flown by an American Airlines plane. On the other hand, I could totally take my pet in cabin, from MIA to MAD since the return IBXXXX flight would be made by an Iberia plane.

How does that make any sense? Go figure..
Old May 20, 2016, 10:07 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Every airline is allowed to make their own rules on board their aircrafts (obviously in accordance to the law).

If AA wants no animals on board their flights, that's their choice. If IB sets rules, that there have to be at least 1 parrot, 2 cats and 3 goldfish, they are free to do so.

There's no need to make sense. Simple as that.
Old May 20, 2016, 11:09 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It absolutely does make sense. AA's marketing and analysis presumably suggests that its passenger demographic doesn't want animals in the cabin. IB either hasn't studied the issue or passengers don't care.

Operating carriers partner on many things, but they are nonetheless not the same business and are entirely different in more ways than cabin pet policies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.