Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

American 737/No aisle carrier space

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2015, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines/ExPLT/Milion , Hilton, Hertz 5 Star

Went ORD-SEA on American's redesigned w/internet boxes 737. Configuartion is 3-3 and we always take cross aisles. I am Platinum and wife is Perma-Plat/2 million.

Traveling with our dog, a six pound Peke, whose Snoozer carrier fits under all seats, even on Eagle flights. Guess what, not on the newer 737s. Had to switch to middle seats on both outbound and return, because internet box takes up too much room to allow carrier under the seat. FAs were very surprised also, especially since we always make a reservation for the dog (and pay the fee at check-in).

So, if you are traveling on an AA newer 737 with an on-board pet, don't count on that aisle seat, that you paid a premium for.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA, AA (Plt)
This is happening frequently now as planes are upgraded with power, IFE, etc.
That said, aisle seats are usually the narrowest on all but a few planes...the spacer bar tends to cut off a lot of width, and generally leaves only about 12-13" of usable width under the seat. All but the tiniest of carriers (which, admittedly, you might have with a 6lb Peke) are around 11-13" wide.
If I've got upcoming plans with that include the dog, and a plane I haven't flown recently, I always check out this link
http://www.dogjaunt.com/posts/catego...-measurements/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.