Wiki Posts
Search

Travelling with 2 cats

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2014, 1:37 am
Original Poster

Travelling with 2 cats

Hello,

I'm about to fly internationally with my cats. I know that there is a rule of 1 cat per person in cabin.
If i fly with them in holding (as baggage) is there such a limit? Can I fly by myself with 2 cats in holding (I'm thinking of flying Lufthansa)

Thanks
Old Oct 3, 2014, 2:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
It is different from airline to airline, and country to country. You'll get the best info from the airline itself.

Good luck!
Old Oct 3, 2014, 2:17 am
Original Poster

Thanks

Does anyone know? I'm flying from Israel to SFO, with LH via FRA

Thanks
Old Oct 3, 2014, 9:42 am

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
You'll need to call the airline.

I flew from LCA to SOF on Bulgarian Airlines with 2 cats - one was supposed to be in the hold and the other in the cabin with me because their policy is only one pet per person in the cabin. But they messed up things somehow and actually called me and asked me to put both cats in the hold. I did not have 2 hard carriers (I had one hard and one soft and the soft could not go in the hold) and I told them I refused to buy another hard carrier because of their mistake. They then suggested I put both cats in one carrier if possible. I could do this because the cats were young and small and the flight was short.

That being said, the Germans are sticklers for rules, the Bulgarians not so much.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 7:59 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by jjoe123
Does anyone know? I'm flying from Israel to SFO, with LH via FRA

Thanks
There will be no problem flying with your two cats, one in the cabin and one as checked baggage or both in the hull. I do this as a business all the time.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 5:06 am

Did you find an answer?

Hi, I am also planning to travel from Israel to the US with two cats (TLV-NYC). I would prefer to keep both cats with me in the cabin, unfortunately they are too large to share a carrier. I would be willing to pay for an extra seat in order to do so, but I haven't found any solutions thus far. Thanks!
Old Apr 4, 2016, 4:52 pm

Have someone else take the flight with you. That's what I did.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.