Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

Most Pet friendly Hotel in US

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2012, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum

Cypress Inn, Carmel, Calif gets my vote. It is owned by Doris Day and a partner. I just returned from a trip to Calif , including 3 nights at the Cypress Inn.
There is only one small section of the Restaurant and Bar that is off limits. That keeps the Health inspector satisfied. Everything else is open to dogs. We ate breakfast every morning , in a nice dining area just off the lobby, and Gracie joined us. We had dinner 2 nights there, and Gracie joined us. We had drinks served in the Hotel Library, in front of the fireplace, and Gracie joined us.
A few times there were a few brief barking sessions in the dining room, as one dog welcomed another to dinner, but they didn't last long, and were rare. Everyone smiled and continued eating and drinking.
The Hotel was Very Clean.
Gracie was welcomed all around town. Many restaurants had nice patios, some heated, where dogs could join the family for a meal.
We travel a fair amount, and always miss Gracie the dog when we leave her at home. She did great on the Delta flight ORF-ATL-SFO, but we'd love to find as pet friendly a destination and hotel , closer to the east coast.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Any other suggestions?

Any other suggestions?
Old Oct 8, 2012, 12:27 pm

Ritz Carlton, Bachelor Gulch, Colorado. Pets throughout including the lobby. Plus their own golden retreiver which you can "borrow''.

Four Seasons, Boston. - A dog food page in the room service menu. At the bottom of the page it says "Paw extention 5 for service".

Last edited by speedbird001; Oct 8, 2012 at 2:13 pm
Old Oct 8, 2012, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by speedbird001
Ritz Carltonm, Bachelor Gulch, Colorado. Pets throughout including the lobby. Plus their own golden retreiver which you can "borrow''.

Four Seasons, Boston. - A dog food page in the room service menu. At the bottom of the page it says "Paw extention 5 for service".
Thank you,
Old Oct 8, 2012, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Platinum,Marriott Silver,Hilton Honors Gold
Loews South Beach. Dogs are treated like royalty on arrival, immediately bestowed with all kinds of gifts including water/food bowls, toys, etc. And yes a their own room service menu too!

At Loews South Beach the dogs are treated better than the human guests!
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:39 pm

Really going hard after the traveling pet owner market: http://www.kimptonhotels.com/services/pet-friendly.aspx

You can even get your pet's pic taken with Santa this season.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 5:43 pm

Re: most pet friendly hotel

Loews Annapolis will always stick out in my mind. My dog was celebrated by every employee we met. Treated more like a rock star than a dog And they had a big cuddly house Lab, who was evident throughout the hotel. Chef made a special doggie stew that you could get via room service. At least once a month, they had a cocktail hour get-together for guests and local dog lovers with drinks on the patio, various activities for the pooches and it was always a fund-raiser for a worthy shelter or rescue group. And fun, too. I was putting on a dog adoption promotion for the Annapolis shelter and they sponsored our stay and provided Loews stainless-steel water bowls for the gift bags, as well as space to assemble and store the gift bags. I was very impressed by ever goll-dog aspect of the hotel. Lovely area to walk a dog, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.