Richard! Say it ain't so!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Richard! Say it ain't so!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2008, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Well, I've always liked his reports, when I'm traveling outside the US it was something to look forward to on an otherwise bland CNN report.
He may not be fired (or removed from the country at the very least) provided he follows through and can stay clean. This deal sounds pretty reasonable given that he wasn't fighting/running/causing much of a disruption either way.

The park is closed but most who are there late are just told to leave.
Mr. Quest later agreed to six months of counseling in exchange for a judge’s promise to drop the charge if the therapy is successful.

The agreement, negotiated with the Manhattan district attorney’s office, came as Mr. Quest was arraigned in Manhattan Criminal Court on a misdemeanor charge of possessing methamphetamine and on a charge of loitering.

Central Park is closed from 1 a.m. to 6 a.m. Mr. Quest was arrested about 3:40 a.m. near 64th Street and West Drive, according to a criminal complaint.

At Friday’s arraignment, Judge Anthony J. Ferrara told Mr. Quest that the case would be dismissed and sealed if he reported back in October and demonstrated sufficient progress in his therapy. The judge also agreed that there would be no restrictions placed on Mr. Quest’s ability to travel.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/19/ny...0A&oref=slogin

(please note: whether one agrees with the drug laws or not, he still broke the law and should still be held accountable like a non-celeb would be for a similar instance)
Old Apr 20, 2008, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Like someone else said, I'm not too surprised. To give off the energy like he does, while doing all that intercontinental travel isn't easy.

I wonder how much the drugs affected the opinions he had. I used to really like him a lot going back a few years. But lately, especially on his business travel segment, I've found that some of his opinions were way off target.
Old Apr 20, 2008, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by stimpy
...I've found that some of his opinions were way off target.
They are his opinions. You may not agree with them, but he is certainly entitled to them.
Old Apr 20, 2008, 10:55 am

Programs: Star Alliance, KLM Flying Blue
To quote from wikipedia.

Arrest
On 18 April 2008, Quest was arrested along with a companion at 3:40am in Central Park, New York City, and charged with "loitering and criminal possession of a controlled substance".[4].

He reportedly was in possession of crystal meth amphetamine, had a rope around his neck that was tied to his genitals, and also had sex toys in his shoes".[2].
What sort of sex toy can you hide in a shoe? At least I am assuming he was wearing them at the time.
Old Apr 20, 2008, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xyzzy
They are his opinions. You may not agree with them, but he is certainly entitled to them.
The point is that I used to agree with his opinions and was very entertained by him. Lately it has been less so and I wonder if it is due to the drugs, or perhaps it is just too difficult to stay on top like that.
Old Apr 20, 2008, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Interestingly, it is reported today in SMH as the following story:
CNN reporter in sex, rope and drug scandal (or in shorthand, 'caught with drugs, rope and toy'):

A well-known CNN reporter has been arrested in New York's Central Park with drugs in his pocket, a rope around his neck that was tied to his genitals, and a sex toy inside his boot.
The drugs make it news (as a criminal misdemeanour or whatever) but it is the rope and sex toy that the journos play up as 'news'.

No 'companion' in the SMH report so I think the journo summarised an earlier report and added the rope and toy information to it.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 4:42 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Since he hasn't been charged with indecent exposure, it's fairly safe to assume that he had some clothing covering up the business end of the rope and probably most of it. Wearing them or not, the sex toy in his boots almost certainly wasn't on display. So... he wasn't doing anything illegal other than alleged possession of (presumably personal-use amounts of) meth. None of this sex-toy-and-rope business should have ever become public--it is absolutely not news or a matter of public concern--and the police are likely to blame for it getting out.

As the good coppers used to say: "Please move along, folks, nothing to see here."
Old Apr 21, 2008, 7:29 am
Suspended

The New York Post, citing law enforcement sources, claims Richard Quest was caught with more than just drugs. The newspaper reports that Quest also had "a rope around his neck that was tied to his genitals, and a sex toy in his boot."

Strange attire for someone simply returning to his hotel !
Old Apr 21, 2008, 8:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Showbizguru
The New York Post, citing law enforcement sources, claims Richard Quest was caught with more than just drugs. The newspaper reports that Quest also had "a rope around his neck that was tied to his genitals, and a sex toy in his boot."

Strange attire for someone simply returning to his hotel !
The sex toy was a plastic phallus.
Apparently he told cops he felt a bit of a prick in his boots.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just typed in Richard Quest in the cnn.com search bar and found lots of articles and videos listed. But not a single one would load when I clicked on them. And one showed that it was updated two days ago. Is it just my PC? Can anyone else see these?
Old Apr 21, 2008, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
None of this sex-toy-and-rope business should have ever become public--it is absolutely not news or a matter of public concern--and the police are likely to blame for it getting out.
I guess it would have been more newsworthy if the toy had been up his boot instead.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 9:27 am
Suspended

I had to blink my eyes twice when one article cited him as gay which i only just knew. I know, its old news.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 2:52 pm

Programs: KL FlyingBlue Gold, AY+, MM FTL, TK*G
I just typed in Richard Quest in the cnn.com search bar and found lots of articles and videos listed. But not a single one would load when I clicked on them. And one showed that it was updated two days ago. Is it just my PC? Can anyone else see these?
The article "Quest for an honor" doesn't load for me either. However, his bio is still on the website and the Business Traveller videos are still there, so I don't think that he has been sacked yet... I sincerly hope that he won't be.

Last edited by marbe166; Apr 22, 2008 at 9:53 am Reason: add + typo
Old Apr 21, 2008, 4:09 pm

Programs: UA MP:1P for life, TG:Gold, CO:Gold
The videos played well for me, for example this video about a TATL Delta flight is available at least at the time of this posting.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 7:56 am

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
He's back on CNN

I was very surprised to see a report by him last week on CNN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.