Woman Says She Sat In Urine-Soaked Airplane Seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2007, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news...22/detail.html

A Winchendon woman said an airline did not help her after she sat in a urine-soaked seat on a Florida to Boston flight on Sunday night.
"I was sitting maybe 30 seconds to minute and realized that my pants were soaked," Jennifer Castellano said.
Castellano said she was wearing jeans and a long sweater. She said she went to the lavatory. I then realized I was saturated in urine from the smell," she said.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 7:02 am

I work at an airport and this is wheelchair week. The depends only last so long and they soak through. We actually had a guy that did worse and dripped all the way from the plane, jetway and down the concourse. Some thought a dog had dropped a load but they found the man's clothes in the airport bathroom where he changed once he got his suitcase. You do know that some big people can't fit into the plane lavs.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 8:02 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
This happens way more than is generally recognized.

At least urine is generally sterile, unlike fecal matter which may be on the seats too even if it goes largely unnoticed except when analyzed by a lab.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 10:15 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GUWonder
This happens way more than is generally recognized.

At least urine is generally sterile, unlike fecal matter which may be on the seats too even if it goes largely unnoticed except when analyzed by a lab.
Can't wait until my next flight. Mmmm, thanks.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
One more reason to procure a private jet.
(8 million reasons not to)
Old Dec 20, 2007, 12:37 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Yuck.

So what happens if you pee in your pants and the airline finds out? Do you have to pay for the seat?

What does the airline do once they find out the seat is full of pee? Replace it right away? Clean it somehow?

How disgusting. Please god, let me realize that the seat I am about to sit down on or next to is full of pee before I actually sit down... Also, please make sure, there is a seat available for me upfront
Old Dec 20, 2007, 3:48 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
Yuck.

So what happens if you pee in your pants and the airline finds out? Do you have to pay for the seat?

What does the airline do once they find out the seat is full of pee? Replace it right away? Clean it somehow?

How disgusting. Please god, let me realize that the seat I am about to sit down on or next to is full of pee before I actually sit down... Also, please make sure, there is a seat available for me upfront
to pee or not to pee, that is the question
(sorry i just couldn't contain myself and now, i'll slink off to the penalty box)
Old Dec 20, 2007, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold, MR Platinum
Heh heh heh... I used to work in the "nasty letter" department at Delta and this reminds me of one we received from a Medallion who complained about the way his wife had been treated by the gentleman seated beside her (she was on the aisle - he was stuck in a middle seat). It seems it was a long enough flight to have a meal served and while his wife had her tray down and was eating, the gentleman in the center seat asked her to let him out so he could go to the restroom. She told him he could wait until she was done and so the guy whipped "it" out and took a leak in a 20 oz Coke bottle he had carried on board. I remember the Medallion (who was an excellent letter writer, btw) said, "and he pulled out his FILTHY, UNCIRCUMCISED penis, urinated in the Coke bottle, slammed it down on the tray and said 'Well, that takes care of that!' ". That line became famous in our little office!

Needless to say the wife made a beeline for the galley to tell on the man (can't say I blamed her) and while she was gone he poured the contents of the urine-filled Coke bottle into her seat. This was discovered because the wife refused to spend the remainder of the full flight beside the man. When the poor chap who answered the FA's request to swap seats moved to his new one, he got quite a suprise.

Long story short, the guy somehow made it off the plane once they landed and got away. The Medallion, writing on behalf of his wife, of course demanded some form of compensation.

Let me tell you, the letters we read at that job!!!
Old Dec 20, 2007, 5:31 pm

A flight attendant told me recently that someone peed in her bag while waiting to get into the lav.
Guess he couldn't hold it and her bag was back there in the galley. There are many rude, crude people flying on that plane and some very strange sickos. The guy that leaked we thought that maybe he was wearing a bag and it just busted. I never felt so bad for the people on that flight and the cleaning crew. Ok, enough...
Old Dec 20, 2007, 5:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by HomeAgain
Heh heh heh... I used to work in the "nasty letter" department at Delta and this reminds me of one we received from a Medallion who complained about the way his wife had been treated by the gentleman seated beside her (she was on the aisle - he was stuck in a middle seat). It seems it was a long enough flight to have a meal served and while his wife had her tray down and was eating, the gentleman in the center seat asked her to let him out so he could go to the restroom. She told him he could wait until she was done and so the guy whipped "it" out and took a leak in a 20 oz Coke bottle he had carried on board. I remember the Medallion (who was an excellent letter writer, btw) said, "and he pulled out his FILTHY, UNCIRCUMCISED penis, urinated in the Coke bottle, slammed it down on the tray and said 'Well, that takes care of that!' ". That line became famous in our little office!

Needless to say the wife made a beeline for the galley to tell on the man (can't say I blamed her) and while she was gone he poured the contents of the urine-filled Coke bottle into her seat. This was discovered because the wife refused to spend the remainder of the full flight beside the man. When the poor chap who answered the FA's request to swap seats moved to his new one, he got quite a suprise.

Long story short, the guy somehow made it off the plane once they landed and got away. The Medallion, writing on behalf of his wife, of course demanded some form of compensation.

Let me tell you, the letters we read at that job!!!
It's been years, but I've seen someone urinate in a bottle on a plane too.

Did the Medallion, or his wife, get compensation of any sort? What was it?
Old Dec 20, 2007, 5:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ripper3785
Can't wait until my next flight. Mmmm, thanks.
Perhaps this can be a new way to rank airlines.

Top ten filthiest seats.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold, MR Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder
It's been years, but I've seen someone urinate in a bottle on a plane too.

Did the Medallion, or his wife, get compensation of any sort? What was it?

I believe the person who handled it wanted to send them a little something just as a "thanks" for the entertaining letter. However, I think they got the "Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience, blah, blah, blah... Out of our hands... Blah, blah, blah" letter.

However, the letter was so well-written, it went up on the Hall of Fame board!
Old Dec 20, 2007, 8:48 pm

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
I've noticed (not only on this thread) that more people are using the word pee, in public. Can't you stick with the words urine, urinate, urinating, etc. ??? I personally think it's a disgusting term. Recently a coworker (female) just blithely says to a customer while she was working at the ticket counter "I have to pee, I'll be right back". All she had to say was she was going to the restroom or the ladies room.

Last edited by Pizzaman; Dec 22, 2007 at 1:24 pm Reason: Inappropriate Comments
Old Dec 20, 2007, 9:15 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat.
Pee is IMO more sociable than urine, urinate etc. Pee is more acceptable to women than urine, so in general conversation pee wins. Now when its man to man talk, that's different
Old Dec 20, 2007, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Either the guy who previously occupied the seat had bladder problems or the lavatories were so busily occupied during his flight that he had very little opportunities to head inside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.