Major US airlines seeing full planes this summer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2006, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion

http://web51test.asia1.com.sg/sub/sh...201009,00.html

Planes operated by major US airlines are fuller than ever this summer, and the embattled carriers are seeing stronger revenues as a result, industry analysts said on Wednesday.
The record-high load factors bode well for airlines if they can keep the number of empty seats to a minimum.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, but anybody can have high load numbers-- either cut capacity or charge ridiculously low fares, or do a bit of a and a bit of b. Question is, are they charging the correct fare to cover fixed and variable costs to make a profit without having to do either a or b?
Old Jul 7, 2006, 8:57 am

capacity may be cut .. but fares are ridiculously high
Old Jul 7, 2006, 9:15 am

Programs: UA, AA, CO, IC AMB
Originally Posted by sobore
http://web51test.asia1.com.sg/sub/sh...201009,00.html

Planes operated by major US airlines are fuller than ever this summer, and the embattled carriers are seeing stronger revenues as a result, industry analysts said on Wednesday.
The record-high load factors bode well for airlines if they can keep the number of empty seats to a minimum.

Yes, it does bode well for the airlines assuming they are not continuing to sell the seats below what it costs them to operate the flights.

Unfortunately, it does not bode well for pax whose flights are cancelled; essentially, if this happens to you, you are screwed! There are no seats available anywhere for rebooking!
Old Jul 7, 2006, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, MR PLT
Originally Posted by feedmeflyer
Unfortunately, it does not bode well for pax whose flights are cancelled; essentially, if this happens to you, you are screwed! There are no seats available anywhere for rebooking!
Well all know TOO well about that. I've only had a handful of flights cancel on me but when they do, I cringe.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Numbers are up. What's the betting that we'll see carriers start to place big orders for new equipment. I wonder if they have learned from the past this time!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.