Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2006, 12:58 pm
EPS
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P; HHonors Silver
How to ensure insurance will work for a canceled trip

How to ensure insurance will work for a canceled trip
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...RGGFH8O871.DTL

Although some kinds of travel insurance -- notably in rental cars -- are near scams, trip-cancellation insurance, known as TCI, is often a necessity when you have thousands of nonrefundable dollars at risk in up-front prepayments and deposits. Here are my six basic rules you need to know about TCI , updated for 2006:
Old Feb 20, 2006, 2:32 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
thanks for the link.....

i/we never bought this until we were over 70....then i figured that illness might arise and bought it for a trip which we had to cancel which worked out ok money wise....the bet paid off, but perhaps we were lucky....

foreign car rental is a problem because of the high rates....i always declined and assumed liability of $25k or so until our last trip to south africa when i bought the avis insurance on 2 cars....we had an accident where we were turning right and a car overtaking hit us...still had to pay about $1500.....

my ta sells it, but i would rather buy it thru the tour operator or the cruise line....the ta deal is you pay and then ask for compensation....the other thru the cruise line was transparent.

good luck to all...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.