FBI Probes Laser Beam Directed at Cockpit at 8500'

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FBI Probes Laser Beam Directed at Cockpit at 8500'

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Federal authorities Tuesday used the Patriot Act to charge a man with pointing a laser beam at an airplane overhead and temporarily blinding the pilot and co-pilot.

The FBI acknowledged the incident had no connection to terrorism but called David Banach's actions "foolhardy and negligent."
So much for the claims (which everyone should have known were BS) that the Patriot Act (and these other fatherland security initiatives) will only be used against terrorists
Old Jan 5, 2005, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
While I am sure they could have charged him under previous law, the fact that the Patriot Act gets rid of all that "messy paperwork" was probably a factor in charging him under that, since it is faster and easier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.