Hooters Air - the best airline news all year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hooters Air - the best airline news all year

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2002, 11:42 am

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
Anything else "holding it up"? OOps, the deal that is.

bj-21.
Old Oct 1, 2002, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by blackjack-21:
Anything else "holding it up"?</font>
Nah, it's gonna flop.
Old Oct 4, 2002, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
AP article indicates that Vanguard deal may still be alive?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - Vanguard Airlines, the discount carrier that rejected a bid from a group headed by the chairman of the Hooters restaurant chain to buy it out of bankruptcy, says it has another offer from an unidentified bidder. </font>
Old Oct 4, 2002, 4:43 pm

Not to worry.

Gordon will not allow any airline to steal the thunder from CO.

While elite flyer perks are being reduced, and employees hope they will keep their jobs, Gordon will up the ante to hooters air. CO will soon inform all female employees that they can now order the official CO Barbarella uniforms, complete with the enhanced hooter display modules, similar to Jane Fonda's costume in the movie of the same name.
Old Feb 3, 2003, 11:13 pm

that's NOTHING! you shuld try Ecstasky - http://www.ecstasky.com/ they have this beat by a mile! (mile high that is!)

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Tino:
http://money.cnn.com/2002/08/15/news...s.ap/index.htm

Hooters in the air?

August 15, 2002: 8:41 AM EDT

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - Will Vanguard Airlines, known for its low fares, and Hooters Girls, known for their high-cut shorts, soon be corporate cousins?

Hooters of America Inc. chairman Robert H. Brooks is thinking about buying Vanguard, the Kansas City-based discount carrier that filed for bankruptcy protection and grounded its fleet last month. On Wednesday, a bankruptcy judge told Brooks he can give Vanguard $50,000 per week for the next three weeks to pay a skeleton staff, while Brooks examines the company's books and decides if he wants to buy.

A newly formed company called Hooters Air Inc. will make the payments.

So what kind airline would Hooters Air Inc. run? Vanguard spokeswoman Elizabeth Cattell said it's too soon to know.

"If it'll be 'Hooters Girls' flight attendants, it's too early," Cattell said.

But she didn't dismiss the idea.

Cattell called said there's more to Brooks than Hooters. Brooks, Cattell said, has built Hooters into a "fresh product" with 315 stores in the U.S. and overseas. To Vanguard, he would bring financial strength, "which is what we've needed all along," she said.

Brooks' Atlanta-based attorney, A.J. Block, said Brooks would decide in the next several weeks whether to buy Vanguard.

"Mr. Brooks is a pretty decisive guy," Block said.

In the meantime, the handful of Vanguard employees at the company's headquarters are working toward two goals: Vanguard's possible return to flying, and liquidation, Cattell said.

Vanguard suspended flights, laid off 90 percent of its employees and filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on July 30.

Vanguard attorney Dan Flanigan said Brooks' interest came out of the blue.

"He came out of such an unusual place -- no one would have predicted it would be him we would be talking to at this point," Flanigan said.

If Brooks doesn't buy Vanguard, it's not immediately clear whether the airline is likely to find any other suitors.
</font>
Old Feb 14, 2003, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA PLT; SPG G
It looks like fortune has bounced back in our favor: March 6 is the inaugural flight.

Let me save Premex the need to run up his post count:

Airport Lounge: Mile High Club
Official flight operations landing technique: Bouncy
Paint scheme: Dark brown with a pink nose cone
Food service: Melons
Gin & tonic mixing technique: Titration
Old Feb 14, 2003, 11:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
You guys are soooo bad!!
I just know all of you will want to keep the temperature down on the planes just to get the "points"!!
And I am sure you will order coffee with cream as well!
Lastly, as you are departing from the plane will they play "Thanks for the Mammaries"?
Just my point of view, hey, is this a public company?

Old Feb 15, 2003, 8:28 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Here's their airplane!

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=320004

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: Mileage Workshop --- "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa (1940-93)
Old Feb 15, 2003, 1:56 pm

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
wOOw....coffee, tea, or....

bj-21.
Old Jun 27, 2004, 7:51 pm

Programs: former NW Plat & HH Diamond, NA Executive Elite - now just a DL Gold sitting in the back of the plan
Any plans for future flights? I can't remembe where now, but I recall seeing a HootersAir gate at an airport sometime within the past 6 months, but for the life of me, can't remember where. Maybe Fort Meyers? Would make sense.
Old Jan 9, 2005, 10:45 pm

Programs: Skyteam Elite, Starwood Gold, Kmart ShopYourWay Rewards
Any news on HootersAir? How are their loads/yields? Is there a discussion forum for them? Any new destinations?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.