Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The case for arming crew and even passengers

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2001, 6:42 am
Original Poster

The case for arming crew and even passengers

a very provocative article (and IMO makes more sense than this no plastic knife nonsense):

Making the Air Safe for Terror
NEW YORK — We’ve turned our airplanes into safe zones for hijackers.
By Dave Kopel & Captain David Petteys.

http://www.nationalreview.com/kopel/kopel091401.shtml
Old Sep 17, 2001, 9:31 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
great article. there is the opinion of some people that the only to stop some atacker who is going to commit suicide is to kill him or her. i agree & think that we should be allowed to have a means to do it.

[This message has been edited by clacko (edited 09-17-2001).]
Old Sep 17, 2001, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, LH Senator, Hyatt Diamond
It was a good article, however I think having guns aboard defeats all of the purpose of screening at the airport. To give an example, a few bus drivers in Dallas had a gun under their seats of which the criminals once used to rob them and the passengers. Would you like to put a gun on a plane that a terrorist could access? Two pilots on board and say about 5 terrorists who are suicidal. You do the math. Plus AFAIK, I don't think we should put pressure on pilots to "shoot to kill". They have enough worries flying planes and the safety of passengers.

------------------
"Fly me to the moon and let me earn alot of miles."
Old Sep 17, 2001, 1:50 pm

FREE Firearm Training for is available for pilots!!!

http://www.frontsight.com/gun_school_for_pilots.htm

I think this link will get you there - otherwise just type in www.frontsight.com in your browser and you will see the offer on their page.
Old Sep 17, 2001, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Hertz P Circle
1. Fortify the door leading to the flight deck.

2. Keep a loaded firearm (or two) in a locked box in the flight deck.

3. Allow all passengers and crew to carry stun guns or pepper spray, but carry stiff penalties for misuse (no different than allowing cell phones on board but prohibit their use).

If a majority of passengers have weapons that incapacitate, not kill, and the flight deck is inaccessible without explosives, passengers and crew are enpowered to stop anyone from rogue activities including hijacking and air rage. Since more than 1 person has that power, no one person have complete control, majority rule.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.