Search

Delta And Pilots Reach Tentative Accord

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 1999, 11:02 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Delta And Pilots Reach Tentative Accord

NEW YORK, Sept. 23 — Delta Air Lines Inc. said Thursday it had reached a tentative agreement with the union representing its 9,200 pilots on pay increases and other improvements to their existing labor contract

DELTA, THE No. 3 U.S. airline, said the agreement would convert the present profit-sharing plan into a 6 percent pay raise for all pilots, effective Jan. 1, and would grant a separate 3 percent pay increase starting Jan. 1 for all pilots except those flying Boeing Co.’s new 777 and 767-400 aircraft and new-generation 737 aircraft.
It would establish pay rates of $250 an hour for pilots flying the 777 and $230 an hour for pilots flying the 767-400. It would also eliminate, effective May 1, a “B-scale” salary rate under which junior pilots are generally paid less than their more experienced peers, the airline said.
The union, the Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA), said it would present the tentative agreement to its Master Executive Council. If the council approves, the pact would then be submitted to the pilots for ratification.
The tentative agreement was achieved just two weeks after Delta started negotiations with ALPA for a new contract to replace a pact that becomes amendable next May. Talks for a comprehensive new contract will continue, said Delta spokesman John Kennedy.
“I think (the tentative agreement) sets a positive tone for continued negotiations on the comprehensive pilot contract,” he said.
Kennedy said Delta would consider adding more 777 aircraft to its fleet if the proposed pay rate for flying those aircraft is approved by Delta pilots.
Delta has taken delivery of two 777s, but in June it deferred delivery of 11 more, saying it had deadlocked with the union over how much to pay pilots who would fly the new aircraft.
“Obviously, if we reach an agreement, then we will explore opportunities to add further 777s,” Kennedy said
Old Sep 23, 1999, 11:11 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Sorry, I didn't notice Shadows post under "Great News from Delta"
Old Sep 23, 1999, 12:59 pm
Original Member

No worries, Jeffrey. good news like this stands repeating. I am looking forward to significant improvments in Delta's service over the North Atlantic and I am very fond of the 777. I just pity all of you who'll get more MD11 flights as they cascade down! Now if only they can announce that British Midland and Swiisair have joined their alliance I can be very happy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.