Wiki Posts
Search

Business Insider: The 10 airports in America people hate flying into the most

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2018, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA/AA
Business Insider: The 10 airports in America people hate flying into the most

• J.D Power released the latest edition of its annual North America Airport Satisfaction Study on Wednesday.
  • Overall traveler satisfaction with airports is at a 13-year high.
  • However, airports serving major cities like New York, LA, Chicago, and Boston all find themselves at the bottom of the rankings.
https://www.businessinsider.com/wors...n-study-2018-9
ajGoes likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

for bigger airports, LAX tied with ORD for 2nd worst behind BOS

LAX now has >
theprivatesuite.com
Old Sep 22, 2018, 1:44 pm

Maybe I’m a bit biased, but PIT is a great smaller airport. The shops on the airport aren’t permitted to jack up their prices. I have flown from there on many occasions. The parking is good and the people are friendly. Also, they have “comfort dogs”. I’m a sucker for a dog.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 1:32 am

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by CosmosHuman
Maybe I’m a bit biased, but PIT is a great smaller airport. The shops on the airport aren’t permitted to jack up their prices. I have flown from there on many occasions. The parking is good and the people are friendly. Also, they have “comfort dogs”. I’m a sucker for a dog.
I agree even though I've only been through PIT twice. Nice airport.
BUT THEY HAVE COMFORT DOGS!?!? I NEVER SAW ANY
Old Sep 30, 2018, 8:08 pm

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
Only been thru HON about 4 times, LAX about 50, and ORD about 200...............heh.

None of the others are on my radar screen yet, and I can't complain about HON or ORD.....but LAX could be a lot better.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I like PIT. Don't like LAX.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 9:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by oh_lol
I agree even though I've only been through PIT twice. Nice airport.
BUT THEY HAVE COMFORT DOGS!?!? I NEVER SAW ANY
MSP has the stress relieving dogs too, especially during busy holiday travel periods. The deal is that volunteers bring certified support animals (i don';t think they're genuine service animals, but they're extremely well trained) into the airport and invite travelers to pet the animal, etc. The last time I did this it was an extremely mellow golden retriever who seemed to almost fall asleep while being petted by several people simultaneously. The volunteer human and volunteer dog hang out either in the main concourse or on the baggage claim level, with a blanket for the dog, which wears some sort of service vest, and signs that this is a stress relieving dog.

BTW, I've seem the same scheme organized by college campus mental health offices for university students around final exam time, and not necessarily restricted to dogs. Would you like to pet a goat or cuddle a chicken?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
LAX isn't bad if you're flying out of TBIT. Unfortunately, you're pretty screwed if you fly out of one of the northern terminals and maybe somewhat screwed if flying on UA.

With regards to "best" airports, SAN probably would have ranked higher without T1 being included.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.