Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2014, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Pan Am flight 120

Flying a Boeing 747-200 from LAX to LHR

A series of pictures of a flight.

http://www.mpkelley.com/pan-am-flies-again/
Old Jan 6, 2015, 8:51 am

Neat, especially the reconstruction of the 747 in his garage.

Reminds me of the effort this guy went through in re-creating a VIA train of his youth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjMnWdIWjWs
Old Jan 9, 2015, 6:09 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Thanks for sharing.

I especially like the photo of "Clipper Class," which PA rolled out as cabin/service for full fare passengers. I remember how the cabin was segregated and pax received complimentary headsets (vinyl tubes, really) and alchoholic beverages.

Clipper Class morphed into a seperate 8-across Business Class and I beleive that PA was the first US carrier to have 3-class international service.

Was only in the pointy-end once (FRA-DEL) and recall the caviar service and rack of lamb carved seatside. Seating and IFE are much better today; the food is not.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP
These are actually my pictures! Thanks so much for sharing. Glad you guys enjoyed them!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.