Wiki Posts
Search

WSJ: Training for a Plane Crash...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2011, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

WSJ: Training for a Plane Crash...

THE WALL STREET JOURNAL

London... Smoke poured into the airplane cabin and activity came to a screeching halt. As the captain yelled "Evacuate! Evacuate!" passengers did what comes naturally: They froze.
The "emergency," staged with theatrical smoke in a full-motion airline cabin simulator, was part of an unusual British Airways safety course. Sixteen travelers from some of the airline's top corporate customers and its advertising agency practiced jumping down evacuation slides, opening heavy airplane doors and scampering out smoke-filled crashed cabins. They also learned simple tips that could save lives.
"The ones who think about what they'd do are the ones who get out first," said Geof Fearon, one of the BA instructors.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...620831448.html
Old Oct 1, 2011, 8:43 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I would pay for this course. great article.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 9:08 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
OP: Per http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/newss...-articles.html and since Newsstand is a discussion forum not a clipping service, please feel free to re-post per the guidelines, if you like, and then to discuss your thoughts on a recap of what the article is saying.

cblaisd
Moderator, Newsstand

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.