Search

Flying can be 'hell' for tall passengers

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2010, 3:15 am
Suspended

i am just 6'5" so can i expect to fly in the front
Old Nov 12, 2010, 3:26 am

Programs: SPG Gold, SQ Blue, OZ Diamond, JAVA and occasionally C
I'm not tall, just 6'1 but sometimes have trouble fitting sits made for Asian build like on ANA Y.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 6:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kalboz
Hey you tall people ... that's new trick to move to the front of the plane

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/10/14...ant/index.html
Just amazing .... The sense of entitlement some people have in disgusting. If you are tal (and i am tall), there's a solution, fly in first or business class. To expect an airline to create a special section or upgrade you for free, is a joke..

Originally Posted by MJLouise
I'm only 6-0, but I always push back when the person in front tries to recline
I wouldnt be so proud of doing that... Everybody has a right to recline their seat. If they didnt, the seats wouldnt recline. If anybody tried to push my seat back when I reclined, would be in for a problem.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 6:47 am

Programs: BD, BA, 1MHC.
Certainly do not get any sympathy from me, being of the more rotund persuasion, with the insults and slagging off we recieve on these forums.

We are expected to lose weight, so get your legs shortened or pay for the upgrade.

NB
Old Nov 12, 2010, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by TiredOfTooMuchTravel
Just amazing .... The sense of entitlement some people have in disgusting. If you are tal (and i am tall), there's a solution, fly in first or business class. To expect an airline to create a special section or upgrade you for free, is a joke..

I wouldnt be so proud of doing that... Everybody has a right to recline their seat. If they didnt, the seats wouldnt recline. If anybody tried to push my seat back when I reclined, would be in for a problem.
How tall are you? Just curious.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 7:48 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by noiseboy
Certainly do not get any sympathy from me, being of the more rotund persuasion, with the insults and slagging off we recieve on these forums.

We are expected to lose weight, so get your legs shortened or pay for the upgrade.

NB
I was amazed that there is so much sympathy for tall people but so little for COS. One difference is that tall people don't intrude on the person beside them. And there is the belief that being obese is a choice. I'm struggling to lose weight (I'm not obese yet, but could be there soon) and the weight just won't come off. If I were 6'5" then I wouldn't have a weight problem. Actually I would, I'd be much too thin.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 8:05 am

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
Originally Posted by TiredOfTooMuchTravel

I am 6"3 and agree with your points... I think we all know the solution: join FT and learn the ropes

I would be incline to help anyone that is really tall like 6"7 and change seat if I had to.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by manneca
I was amazed that there is so much sympathy for tall people but so little for COS. One difference is that tall people don't intrude on the person beside them. And there is the belief that being obese is a choice. I'm struggling to lose weight (I'm not obese yet, but could be there soon) and the weight just won't come off. If I were 6'5" then I wouldn't have a weight problem. Actually I would, I'd be much too thin.
Not to be insulting but there is a big difference between being obese and tall, you CAN (might be harder/really hard for some people) control your weight but can't do anything about you height.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 9:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
Originally Posted by david-alexis
Not to be insulting but there is a big difference between being obese and tall, you CAN (might be harder/really hard for some people) control your weight but can't do anything about you height.

Regardless, it still demonstrates a lack of tolerance and empathy for people who are morbidly obese.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 9:20 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by greasy
If you're between 6'5 to 6'11, free upgrade to BUS
6'11 and above, free upgrade to F
Is this all of the airlines.. does the family get upgraded too?
Old Nov 12, 2010, 9:29 am

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
Tall people DO intrude upon the seat of short people. As a short person, I am very aware of this. If tall people don't know this, well, it's no surprise, since many tall people are extremely inconsiderate and unaware of short people and pretty much look through as if we don't exist. Their prejudice against us shorties is so strong that they aren't even aware that we're real living breathing human beings.

Look...If you're a person of size, it doesn't matter if you're tall or obese, either way, for most people, there is no solution to the problem or there's only a surgical solution to the problem. (If fat people really could lose all that weight, barring gastric surgery, there would be very few fat people.) However, tall people are documented to have more opportunities and more earned income over their lifetimes, so you know what? Stop sitting on me, and just pay for the upgrade. I don't feel sorry for someone who is genetically gifted with an opportunity I never have. At least with the obese person, I can sympathize, because fat people, like us short people, do get cheated when it comes to equal pay and equal opportunities. What's the tall person's excuse? Especially, what's the tall male person's excuse? Come on, guys, you have every genetic advantage to give you a leg-up and you still want to sit on me or stick your elbows in my b00b??? OK, sorry for the rant, but it's ridiculous to feel sorry for a tall person. Play basketball in high school, get an athletic scholarship to college, and start out in life debt-free, an opportunity no short person will ever have. You can pay for all the upgrades you'll ever need in life just from the lifetime savings from that advantage alone.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 9:39 am

naopoleon complex...
and look at what he accomplished!
Old Nov 16, 2010, 2:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Is this all of the airlines.. does the family get upgraded too?
This is the million dollar question What about the family?
Old Nov 16, 2010, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by errik
how tall is the family????
Old Nov 16, 2010, 8:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by errik
Family always get kicked in such situations

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.