Reload this Page >

"3-hour tarmac rule may strand more U.S. fliers"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"3-hour tarmac rule may strand more U.S. fliers"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2010, 9:14 am

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
The rule is only codifying good, common sense. The airlines brought it on themselves by not applying basic customer service standards.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 10:57 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Skymiles, EleVAte founding member, SPG
Originally Posted by zsmith2
I believe the government ran ATC system is more to blame then the airlines'.
Be careful what you wish for. In Britain during this volcano mess, the privatized ATC owners decided they didn't feel like keeping the public informed. So the didn't.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 11:52 am

Hmm, let me think...
I want to remain on the plane for 7 or 8 hours with overflowing toilets, babies with overflowing diapers, no water, no food, cranky FA's, the smell of body odor permeating the airplane...only then to have to still get off and not get to my destination because the crew ran out of time.

OR, sit in the airport or my hotel room.

Yeah, real hard decision here.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:07 pm

Programs: DL GM, WN AL/CP, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by N231LA
Hmm, let me think...
I want to remain on the plane for 7 or 8 hours with overflowing toilets, babies with overflowing diapers, no water, no food, cranky FA's, the smell of body odor permeating the airplane...only then to have to still get off and not get to my destination because the crew ran out of time.

OR, sit in the airport or my hotel room.

Yeah, real hard decision here.
+1

Or my house, if I'm departing.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:31 pm

stranded flyers wanted

My name is Brad Cooper. I am newspaper reporter in Kansas City. I'm looking for anyone who might've been stuck on the tarmac in Kansas City or lives in KC has been stuck on a tarmac anywhere else in the US. Would like to make contact for possible interview. You can reach me at [email protected].

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.