Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The OMNI Exercise Blog...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2013, 7:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by aerodrome
Interesting. How about a Green diet. Herbs, leaves, broccoli, avocado, celery, green juices.
Except that without meat, I get anemic - I've tried vegetarian before, and it never works for me. Not sure if there are any good solutions to that (other than, of course, not being vegetarian, lol).
Old Jan 19, 2013, 7:21 pm

My wife has had me on a very short leash since my heart attack. Basically, I've been stuck at the gym on the treadmill doing 20-25 miles a week.

Tonight, after 4 months, she finally agreed to let me hit the road all by myself (like a big boy)

So, I got in 4 miles @ about 10 min. pace. It was AWESOME to be outside!
Old Jan 28, 2013, 9:56 pm

Did 6 miles on the treadmill today. Yuck!
Old Jan 29, 2013, 7:44 am

I've gotten in to Tabatas as a way to get in quick, decent workouts at home. 20 seconds hard, 10 seconds off, 8 or 10 sets, then move on to the next exercise. Can really get beaten up in 20-30 minutes.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:26 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by CalVol
Did 6 miles on the treadmill today. Yuck!
We went from extreme cold (for here), with low temps in the low 20s/highs in 40s, to a beautiful week when I happened to have a nasty cold. So bad that I threw out my back in a coughing fit. Then after I was better from all that, we had an unusual amount of rain--4 days.

I did manage to swim a little, toward the end of the cold. Then did spin class one day, then have been doing team swims again. But I really miss biking... Hopefully I'll be able to slip away this afternoon for a spin outside on my bike. Especially today, after the rain, the air is nice and clean. And nothing really compares to biking outside...feeling the warm sun (and yes, the wind too).
Old Feb 4, 2013, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Row competition went GREAT....maybe even a little better than I even hoped.

took 3rd place in the 2000 meter with a 6:45. About 8-9 seconds faster than I'd ever pulled it. I really think with some proper training and focus, if I stick with it, I could see 6:30.

Took 1st in the 500 meter with a 1:25! Nice. Best time from all Cat at the meet was 1:18....crazy.

I find that the 2000 is a pretty mental event. My brain wants to shut it down!
500 is much less so and just a pull damn hard kind of event.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Yesterday was 2 months since I started swimming Masters. I am average 4 days a week one hour, 2000 yards per workout. I have lost 16 pounds.

My 200 IM time (sort of my gauge for how well I'm doing from an overall swimming perspecitive) has dropped from nearly 5 mintues to 4:20.
So- today is 8 months since I started swimming. Weightloss really stalled between Halloween and New Years, but I am back on track. I never stopped swimming, just stopped eating better. Total loss since June 5 is 36 pounds. Average of 4.5 pounds a month.

Tonight I swam my 200 IM to see how far I've come in that regard and my time was a 4:03.

I'm on my third workout suit, first was a 44, second a 42 and now I'm wearing a 40. I saw a cute 38 on clearance at Sport Chalet so I scooped it up, because I know I'm going to be there eventually.

Evening outdoor swimming has been pretty brutal this winter, even in sunny SoCal, but I think we are thru the worst of it.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 4:46 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Evening outdoor swimming has been pretty brutal this winter, even in sunny SoCal, but I think we are thru the worst of it.
Try morning swimming here in the AZ deserts. A few weeks ago we had overnight lows in the low 20s... It never is really too horrible getting in the water, but getting out, well that's a different story. The coach warned us about ice patches on deck. My mesh bag (where I keep fins, paddles, etc) was iced over. And my flip-flops were glazed over as well, but a dunk in the warm pool took care of that.

Congratulations on your improvements!
(you're probably faster than I am at the 200 IM now)
Old Feb 6, 2013, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Total loss since June 5 is 36 pounds. Average of 4.5 pounds a month.
I'm on my third workout suit, first was a 44, second a 42 and now I'm wearing a 40. I saw a cute 38 on clearance at Sport Chalet so I scooped it up, because I know I'm going to be there eventually.
NICE! Congrats and keep it up!
Old Feb 9, 2013, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by annerj
Row competition went GREAT....maybe even a little better than I even hoped.
So- today is 8 months since I started swimming. Weightloss really stalled between Halloween and New Years, but I am back on track. I never stopped swimming, just stopped eating better. Total loss since June 5 is 36 pounds. Average of 4.5 pounds a month.
Congratulations all around!
Old Mar 1, 2013, 5:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Weight keeps dropping, ^ - down about another pound, even though I pigged out on Thursday on a whole box of French butter biscuits from Jack's. 100mg of carbs but as long as I stick to the rules, I still do fine, in general. ^ If I were forced to guess, I'd bet that most of those carbs simply were ejected as excess - whereas, if I'd eaten 20mg each of MTWR and F, I'd have gained.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 12:32 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat by proxy, Sephora VIB, I have a low AA FF#...
Today I did an Hour Ride and then lifted weights afterwards. There was a woman commandeering the barbell I wanted to use and putting it down between sets, and I stared at her and fumed rather than asking her if I could use it when she wasn't actively bench pressing.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by longwaybackhome
I stared at her and fumed rather than asking her if I could use it when she wasn't actively bench pressing.

LOL.

In all my years of the gym I can only think of a couple times that "can I work in" has returned a no.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 9:15 pm

Been hitting it pretty hard lately (at least for me). The weather has been ideal for running. Got in 10k today. Did it in a bit over an hour. I took several one minute walk breaks and stopped to take a couple of pictures of the sunset over the lake.

This was my best run in quite a while. The knee has responded to rest and and a bit of stretching and I feel stronger than I have in quite some time. I hope I didn't just jinx myself. LOL!
Old Mar 13, 2013, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

500 meter row
10 wall balls (12 pounds)
10 pushups
10 burpees
10 in and outs
9 of each
8 of each
7 of each
6 of each
5 of each
4 of each
3 of each
2 of each
1 of each

Repeat as many sets as you can.

was a rough one for me today.

Hope the wind stays decent so I can sneak in a 15 mile or so bike ride over lunch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.