Reload this Page >

The OMNI Exercise Blog...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The OMNI Exercise Blog...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2012, 9:13 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat by proxy, Sephora VIB, I have a low AA FF#...
I only worked out three times last week and found out I lost four pounds. I'm now at my lowest weight since college.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by longwaybackhome
I only worked out three times last week and found out I lost four pounds. I'm now at my lowest weight since college.
Nice!

(four pounds in a week? MADCAP!)
Old Oct 27, 2012, 9:09 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat by proxy, Sephora VIB, I have a low AA FF#...
Originally Posted by annerj
Nice!

(four pounds in a week? MADCAP!)
I've been too nervous and busy to eat.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 9:28 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I was at the doctor yesterday. My weight has crept up a little since I'm not running anymore (well very sporadically) and I'm biking instead.
Her comment--weight can vary a few pounds based on when you ate, what you ate, when your last bowel movement was, as well as a variety of other factors.
Seems like I was more concerned about it than she was.

On a workout note, I did my longest spin on my bike yet today, the Faster Gran Fondo:
http://app.strava.com/rides/26242974

It was extremely windy, and there were some crazy climbs on this. I had about twice the elevation climb today as my normal long rides.
Between the wind and the climbing, my speed really slowed.
But I still met my goal of under 6 hours (my official time was 5:58).
I should be ready for el Tour de Tucson now. I think I did more climbing today than Tucson has.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aztimm
I was at the doctor yesterday. My weight has crept up a little since I'm not running anymore (well very sporadically) and I'm biking instead.
Ugh. mine also crept up when I transitioned from running to biking (due to serious back injuries...read multi surgery)

Her comment--weight can vary a few pounds based on when you ate, what you ate, when your last bowel movement was, as well as a variety of other factors.
Seems like I was more concerned about it than she was.
Mine has been a bit more than these factors (read 20ish pounds).

I don't weigh myself often but your doc is spot on. My weight can varried by 6 pounds during a single day.

On a workout note, I did my longest spin on my bike yet today, the Faster Gran Fondo:
http://app.strava.com/rides/26242974

It was extremely windy, and there were some crazy climbs on this. I had about twice the elevation climb today as my normal long rides.
Between the wind and the climbing, my speed really slowed.
But I still met my goal of under 6 hours (my official time was 5:58).
I should be ready for el Tour de Tucson now. I think I did more climbing today than Tucson has.

NICE! 97.3....The OCD in my would have made me pedal around for the last 2.7

Wind and hills....the double killer. doubt I'd have been able to finish.

I didn't do any centirues this year...we normally try to get 1 in. I hadn't really thought about it until now....so my best mileage year but no super long rides.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 9:35 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by annerj
NICE! 97.3....The OCD in my would have made me pedal around for the last 2.7

Wind and hills....the double killer. doubt I'd have been able to finish.

I didn't do any centirues this year...we normally try to get 1 in. I hadn't really thought about it until now....so my best mileage year but no super long rides.
My OCD would normally be the same way, but I was ready to be done. I didn't care if I was at 99.9, I wasn't riding any more than I had to. I nearly cut some off, so I was just thankful to finish the thing at that point.

And if Saturday wasn't enough, I rode another 63 yesterday. My legs are fried. I always use the stairs to come upstairs at work (we're on the 2nd floor), and those last few steps were making me wish I used the elevator instead.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do tell......
Old Nov 5, 2012, 2:34 pm

Sad how happy this makes me...

After 4 months of 50% travel and nothing that even remotely resembles a training plan, I pushed 10K today in 42 minutes (for context, my PR is 39:41). I was afraid it was going to be something like 50 minutes.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Katja
After 4 months of 50% travel and nothing that even remotely resembles a training plan, I pushed 10K today in 42 minutes (for context, my PR is 39:41). I was afraid it was going to be something like 50 minutes.
Congrats. Always a moral boost to do better than expected
Old Nov 5, 2012, 10:42 pm

Hit the gym today for my first exercise in 10 days. Did 6 miles in 65 minutes.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 10:28 am

5.5 miles on the treadmill yesterday.

Got a little worried because as I was doing my cool down walk, I started feeling a bit dizzy. I was ok by the time I got out of the shower. I think it was just a bit of motion sickness, which isn't really uncommon. I had noticed in years past that I would get a little lightheaded after a treadmill workout, though I had never had a full on dizzy spell.

Still, and in spite of the clean bill of health from my Cardiologist, it is unnerving when, during exercise, I get a twinge or have something a little funky happen.

In the past, I wouldn't have even thought about it. Now, I have that flash of "Oh, no! Here comes another one!" flits through my mind.

I look forward to the day when my psyche is as fit as my doctor says my heart is.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by CalVol
In the past, I wouldn't have even thought about it. Now, I have that flash of "Oh, no! Here comes another one!" flits through my mind.
That must be scary.

Originally Posted by CalVol
I look forward to the day when my psyche is as fit as my doctor says my heart is.
May it come soon.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
For those of you interested in combining travel with running, you might be interested in this video of my running of the Beirut Marathon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSFftiYcr-E
I highly recommend this marathon. There is also a 10K race on the same course; that starts about 45 min. after the marathoners go out.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 2:33 pm

Nice! I know a guy who handcycled it, too.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 3:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Katja
Nice! I know a guy who handcycled it, too.
Lots of disabled athletes in the race -- very cool to see, especially with only 600 or so marathoners (something like 25,000 ran the 10K).

As it happens, I was a guide for a blind runner in this year's Boston Marathon via Achilles International. I hope to do that again next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.