Community
Wiki Posts
Search

suggest Foods that can enhance running endurance

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2019, 3:53 am
Original Poster

suggest Foods that can enhance running endurance

I started my running routine last week and I am struggling with it. Currently my routine is 3x 1 mile lap. Can anyone suggest foods that are going to help me to keep my endurance high in running. Thanks
Old Jun 14, 2019, 11:01 am

Did you just start running? Did you just start running with 1 mile increments? If so maybe dial it back and work on timed running intervals. 1 run 4 walk etc and build up until you can run 3 miles without stopping or feeling out of breath. You should be able to run and keep up a light conversation. If you cannot, then slow the pace down.

For 3 mile runs diet is not really a factor. Only when you get into marathon length runs is nutrition a real issue.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 3:31 am
Original Poster

Yes, I just started my running routine. I am running with intervals between each lap.
For the foods, I am trying to improve my diet too, which may eventually help me with athletic performance.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 8:23 pm

A good wholefood diet rich in proteins, whole grains, vegetables and healthy fats is always a good start. Avoid processed foods as much as you can.

Drink lots of warer.

be patient with the running and consider some weight training, it definitely helps with running and reducing injuries.
IBJoel likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 10:17 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by James Silva
I started my running routine last week and I am struggling with it. Currently my routine is 3x 1 mile lap. Can anyone suggest foods that are going to help me to keep my endurance high in running. Thanks
Hi James, before IB, I used to coach Masters' athletes in distance running (5k-Marathon). I'd suggest nuts (besides peanuts), vegetables/fruits, and protein, with a limited amount of whole grains, depending on a couple factors.

This stuff takes trial/error for the individual and nutritional needs vary, even for a single person throughout their week or training cycle. If you know you have a hard workout in a few hours, you might have more complex carbs (grains), for example. But if you're about to start or mid-run, fruit is a better option to metabolize for energy faster (as well as some hydration). So basically experiment, find what works for you, and stay consistent.
Bogwoppit likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.