Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No refrigeration travel meals

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2019, 7:57 am
Original Poster

No refrigeration travel meals

For those of you who prefer to take your food with you, what are your go-to travel meals? Any that can be out of the refrigerator for, say, 6 hours?

I used to take a Whole Foods salad with me. I'd use tofu as a protein because meat isn't supposed to be out of the fridge for more than 2 hours. I'd put my olive oil (my preferred salad dressing) in a separate container. No issues at TSA checkpoints.

But the whole foods salad thing meant an extra trip to the grocery store before each trip and if I wasn't near a whole foods, it didn't work. So I came up with my own travel meal (below). It doesn't seem like a lot of food, but if you put it on a plate (a luxury I rarely have), it's actually a lot of food.
No-refrigeration-needed travel lunch recipe
  • 1 oz. Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (yes, I weighed this on my kitchen scale)
  • 1/3 cup whole roasted, unsalted cashews. You could sub another unsalted nut that equals about 230 calories.
  • 1 medium apple or banana
  • A mix of vegetables, such as 1/2 of a bell pepper and 1/2 of a cucumber
Nutrition

1 Serving
  • Calories 462.8
  • Total Fat 27.5 g
  • Saturated Fat 9.8 g
  • Polyunsaturated Fat 3.3 g
  • Monounsaturated Fat 11.2 g
  • Cholesterol 20.0 mg
  • Sodium 191.4 mg
  • Potassium 802.2 mg
  • Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
  • Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
  • Sugars 16.4 g
  • Protein 16.6 g

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.