Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Working out on Road ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2021, 7:18 am

Working out is always a pain but necessary to maintain health.
aztimm likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 10:34 pm

Location: CP-ASEL,AMEL,G-IA in Tucson, Arizona, United States
If I get two checked bags then I can pack a lot of workout clothes and other supplies with one bag designated for dirty laundry for the return trip.
aztimm likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 10:29 pm

Over past several trips I have tried my best to be able to work out. Luckily I traveled with my wife for leisure for those trips, and she understood my need for workout. So everyday I could spend at least a couple of hours in the fitness rooms of hotels. But the concerning part, just for me, is I don't feel comfortable if I don't exercise that day. Maybe I need to relax a bit during travel.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 7:26 am

I've "upgraded" my casual shoes to also be suitable for light gym /running, and bring 1 set of dri-fit workout clothes for every 2 days - so I can wash one set (they dry very quickly, that's what they're made to do!) and wear the other one the next day. it's helped reduce some space/weight in my bags, and also I feel guilty carrying it around if I don't use it at all.

If it's a big city, I usually hit my "workout" by walking/exploring the city and/or shopping.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I usually bring a pair of office shoes and running shoes (which then become my after-work shoes) when I plan to workout while traveling. My workouts are in the hotel on the treadmill and maybe some weights. If the forecast calls for yucky weather, then I'll also pack some waterproof hiking shoes for after work. Maybe I should look into some Gore-Tex running shoes instead?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.